Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plastic at Production Nats

Onepocket

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Year of the plastic? The Plastic Empire Strikes Back?

No disrespect to the Tanfo hot dogs but there are multiple past or present world champions showing up with a plastic gun.

It's perhaps going to be the most interesting Prod Nats ever for people who like to argue about guns.

It's perhaps going to be the most interesting Prod Nats ever for people who like to argue about guns.

No doubt and hopefully you'll be able to watch it as it happens at www.liveshots.net

The Ladies title will be interesting too; Julie, Randi, Jessie and Tori will be shooting polymer guns, while Sara, Maggie, Maria Gushchina, Christine Burkhalter will all be shooting steel guns.

I've seen Nils shooting Production with a Glock at the last few weekend matches at Rio so I think we will find out

Now if Nils showed up with a Glock...

In that case, he's definitely rolling up with a TT Glock.

No doubt and hopefully you'll be able to watch it as it happens at www.liveshots.net

The Ladies title will be interesting too; Julie, Randi, Jessie and Tori will be shooting polymer guns, while Sara, Maggie, Maria Gushchina, Christine Burkhalter will all be shooting steel guns.

Interesting from 2nd place down maybe. Maria will beat every other lady by at least 10%, if not 15. LOL

Top 2 overall will be shooting Tanfoglios.

you're kidding, right? Plastic a disadvantage? Really, the best shooters haven't been shooting Production in the USA for a while, but when they were, Glock was it. Glock has fallen on hard times because of Gen 4 issues, and other stuff, but Gen 3 models are excellent. M+P so so. i forget the other plastic guns. you're information is incorrect. Shooters win matches not guns.

The last stand-alone Production Nationals was 2013, Tanfoglio was first and second, Sevigny with FNS was 3rd, just 22 points behind Stoeger and Leatham was 4th.

With so much talent in one place I don't see any one person dominating that match the way Eric did in 2013, so the match will be very close; One tiny mistake and the match could be over for any of the top competitors,

Edited by BritinUSA

Max is on the list, I do not see Eric on the list. I think he is shooting Limited/Standard now.

I think for the time being, he is the guy to beat in any division. Couldn't be beat in open, then production, now maybe someone could disrupt his roll as he is shooting limited/standard.

Did JJ just beat Ben in the World Shoot?

Production      1. Grauffel, Eric (FRA)     2. Racaza, Simon      3. Stoeger, Ben      4. Sebo, Robin      5. Momcilovic, Ljubisa      6. Yu, Paul Bryant      7. Mink, Matthew      8. Liehne, Zdenek      9. Pichugin, Alexey     10. Romitelli, German

Production

1. Grauffel, Eric (FRA)

2. Racaza, Simon

3. Stoeger, Ben

4. Sebo, Robin

5. Momcilovic, Ljubisa

6. Yu, Paul Bryant

7. Mink, Matthew

8. Liehne, Zdenek

9. Pichugin, Alexey

10. Romitelli, German

Robin Sebo is also signed up for the Production Nationals.

Edited by BritinUSA

Maybe if a plastic gun wins the Natty then USPSA will dump "Carry Optics" and go back to production optics, with no weight limit...

(I don't even feel bad about bringing that up here. Some men like to watch the world burn.)

This is the list of the 29 GMs as of today. I did not include the "U" who may be GM shooters (like Max)...

(Do we need anymore discussion about Production being a "newbie" division? :rolleyes: )

attachicon.gif15-07-27-Production.pdf

The spirit of Production was to allow a place for entry-level shooters to be competitive without having to spend Limited/Open equipment prices. Production Division was intended to comprise of carry pistols with carry equipment on a somewhat level playing field.

Phil Strader wrote that but what does he know right? It may not be a newbie division anymore but it was intended to be.

This is the list of the 29 GMs as of today. I did not include the "U" who may be GM shooters (like Max)...

(Do we need anymore discussion about Production being a "newbie" division? :rolleyes: )

attachicon.gif15-07-27-Production.pdf

The spirit of Production was to allow a place for entry-level shooters to be competitive without having to spend Limited/Open equipment prices. Production Division was intended to comprise of carry pistols with carry equipment on a somewhat level playing field.

Phil Strader wrote that but what does he know right? It may not be a newbie division anymore but it was intended to be.

A while back I went dumpster diving through the BOD minutes and only found a statement saying the intent of production was to open the game to more mmanufacturers and more shooters. Nothing more.