Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Federal SPP In Stock at Powder Valley

d_striker

And no more Federal SPP's either.

Unfortunately, I think the days of being able to wait and combine powder with primers are over. I'm not sure those days will ever come back.

Prior to ordering 10k from Powder Valley, I had 10k on backorder through Cabela's. I backordered them about 2 months ago and they said that they expected them in stock on 7/30. Might want to check that out.

Edited by d_striker

If you don't really NEED the Federal SPP, those that do NEED them would appreciate them not getting gobbled up by people just wanting more primers to stock pile.

I don't run anything that needs such a soft primer anymore and since they're easier to crush than the CCI and Winchester I'll leave them on the shelf.

Edited by LikesToShoot

What's considered stockpiling. I think most every reloader keeps at least a years worth of supplies on hand. I know I start getting a little panicked when I have less than 10 lbs of titegroup

Unlimited shows 26K Federal SPP in stock for $32/K. I just got my delivery yesterday. All kinds of powder, too.

https://reloadingunlimited.com/product/federal-small-pistol-100-primers-1000-ct/

I don't know if it is common for Reloading Unlimited or not, but their delivery of powder is kind of slow due to only being able to ship 200 lbs / day (I asked as order stayed in pending state for a long time). I placed an order on the 8th and scheduled delivery is today (24th). Not complaining, they had the powders I wanted - just informing...

I find if anyone has federal primers in stock, and it gets posted on this site they will be gone in a very short amount of time. It really doesn't matter how many they have in stock. We all just use a lot of primers and want to keep a lot on hand. Five or 6 guns ordering 10k plus all at the same time will kill inventory pretty quick. I just ordered 5k and some HS6, should be here today.

What's considered stockpiling. I think most every reloader keeps at least a years worth of supplies on hand. I know I start getting a little panicked when I have less than 10 lbs of titegroup

I wish I could afford to have a years worth of components in stock.

i keep a years worth of everything but bullets. I buy them a few thousand at a time.

Same here, have a monthly budget and order something every month - since powder was available this month in good supply I only bought powder. Hopefully primers will be available next month and I'll load up. Then back to bullets...