Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotshell carriers?

I've been reading threads for 2 days and I still haven't found the answer I'm looking for. I think I've narrowed my choices to the Invictus and the Taccom double deuce carriers. I haven't used any "load 2 or load 4" methods and I've read that I should start with the load 2 and progress to the load 4 with experience/practice. My question is: Does either of these carriers lend itself to good load 2 then to load 4? Is there a better setup that I should consider?

Thanks.

I use the Invictus and I have no problems doing deuces and quads from the same caddies. I haven't used Tac-Com's double deuces, but from the looks of the design they would work well for both, also.

Which one you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a discussion with the "expert" at Brownell's, I went with the TacCom quad carrier. He assured me, I could return them for the Infictus if I wasn't happy. Knowing Brownell's warranty, I have no worries.

Let us know how you like it when you get the chance.

If this is mean for me, I ordered them on the 2nd. I guess because of the holiday, they just shipped out today. Should be here in a week. I'll let you know then ::)

Can't say I've ever watched any instructional loading videos, it took me ten minutes to figure out all the ways that definitely didn't work and another hour to refine the technique I needed to practice. But I came from loading old school weak hand at about 5.5 sec per 8, so I have a lot of experience troubleshooting small technique issues.

I'm going to load up the carriers, turn on you tube videos and do a little practicing. If you could recommend a video, I would appreciate it.

Do a Youtube search for Stuart Saunders Shotgun Loading. My British friend Stuart did a video to help shorten the learning curve.

Finger length has much less impact than finger flexibility. Quad loading is not kind for those of us approaching Social Security age, and arthritis. It's just difficult to bend the fingers sufficiently to control the shells as needed. Dual loading is consistent for me, quads, I'm better off just throwing them on the ground to begin with, they'll end up there anyway.

I'm going to load up the carriers, turn on you tube videos and do a little practicing. If you could recommend a video, I would appreciate it.

KMCA....here is an instructional video that a company did.....using the same carriers you bought:

https://www.full30.com/video/c3b046ec23b9e26d6cf79d6541055a92

Should help....you and others with QUALOADING

Tim

Do a Youtube search for Stuart Saunders Shotgun Loading. My British friend Stuart did a video to help shorten the learning curve.

Finger length has much less impact than finger flexibility. Quad loading is not kind for those of us approaching Social Security age, and arthritis. It's just difficult to bend the fingers sufficiently to control the shells as needed. Dual loading is consistent for me, quads, I'm better off just throwing them on the ground to begin with, they'll end up there anyway.

I've been watching his videos...here's the one that I think helps alot (never mind the different carrier):