Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First trigger pull in 2 weeks- blew up my chrony.

BitchinCamaro

Been there, done that. Except I managed to hit the screen dead center. With a 55gr. Vmax. It was a sad day at the range. I've heard there is two kind of Chrono owners those that have shoot one and those that will.

Thanks for the laughs, guys!

Chrony has a replacement/whoops program, but it was actually cheaper for me to buy a new F1 on Amazon.

I was aiming at a target when I blew up the first one. Now I think I'll load a few extra "burners" for velocity testing and shoot for accuracy without the chrony (obvious now, I know).

20150703_120640_resized_zpskjmygvcg.jpg

Mine's been wounded but nothing terminal so far.

It has a distinctly visible bullet groove in the top of the sensor body that's covered with black tape.

Better than a friend who nailed his with a 30-06 up close.

The parts we could find went straight into the trash bin.

Nice insurance, UFO.

These crappy boresighters are about ~$10 on Ebay. I think I'm going to use one for myself and everyone else who shoots through the chrony and have them verify aim against a piece of paper between the screen rods. I just hate packing and hauling more shooting gear that's not actually guns or ammo.

61yTKuWV27L._SY355_.jpg

3-4 yards. Same bench, same rifle, same backstop that I've used a dozen times...I just set the tripod 3 inches too high.

I had just gotten off a cross-country red-eye flight the day before and was scrambling to get setup and test a few new changes to my press and OAL before a big 3 day match.

Y'all know the saying: Haste makes for a new post in "Match Screwups".