Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is an affiliated club obligated to submit classifier scores?

kcobean

Scott, The one club I referenced that uses practiscore doesn't even upload the results to that. Instead you have to wait about a week or two to get a pdf of the results emailed out.

You have a couple of options. The first is vote with your money and go somewhere else. Not everyone has multiple ranges and matches in the their area so this option may not work. The other is to be polite, but persistent in requests for them to to be posted online.

Our stats guy really likes it if you hit him for 4-5 texts about scores being posted before he makes it to his car. :surprise:

Scott

(insert random pic of someone flipping you off here)

:cheers:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm. What does that have to do with PractiScore?

Before Practiscore there was no real alternative to the USPSA website to post scores online.

Not true. There are clubs been posting scores to their own web sites or section web sites. They were doing it before practiscore and they are still doing it with practiscore now.

With the ease of posting scores to practiscore I would guess most MD's post there first (maybe even from the range, I am guilty of that).

Here we go! What does it stop USPSA to make it easy for MD's to post their scores where USPSA want them?

Scores/results and activity/classifier report are two distinct things. Only the activity/classifier report has to go to USPSA. As a designated uploader I do that when i get home from the match (90 minute drive, normally last to leave the range) and have my laptop with internet access (not available at the range). Was uploading to Practiscore from my Android phone before leaving the range, but now using an iPad that is WiFi only, that is the first thing uploaded and activity report generated.

We do have a WiFi printer on the non-internet scoring network at the range, so printed scores are posted from the iPad as soon as teardown is complete.

Edited by NMBOpen

I upload scores to Practiscore and then within 10 mins my scores are uploaded to USPSA and the activity fees paid .... MDs who have not and or will not be posting scores need to be reported as was requested a few posts ago and let the Board do its thing .... if you are putting on an official USPSA or Steel Challenge match then you are required to upload scores & pay the approprite fees per the agreement you signed when you became an affiliated club ..... otherwise stop advertising it as a USPSA or SCSA match and do whatever you want ....

Any club that runs a match under the USPSA name should be uploading their scores to USPSA, regardless of having a classifier stage or posting to other places.

I am a USPSA MD/RM and my general order is: upload to the Practiscore website right after the match or while waiting for my food at the late afternoon get together after the match. I then upload the scores to USPSA that evening or the next day at the latest. I do wait for a few days to iron out any issues before uploading the classifier/activity report since that is harder to change. Payment is made immediately with credit card.

There have been a few times when the report was not in on time for the next month upload since we shoot the 4th Sat. In general that was when I was out of town or forgot to upload after waiting a few days. Mainly due to also running a 3 Gun Nation club (actually co-MD) most 1st Sat. at a different range and getting confused and tied up with what I have done lately! Adding it to my calendar as a to-do has helped.

All of that said, there might be a time or 2 when scores are a bit later and/or the activity report is delayed but what is being stated above is not acceptable. Every USPSA affiliated club who runs a USPSA match (not necessarly the occasional charity, non-USPSA, etc match) MUST upload the scores to USPSA and within a reasonable time all classifier scores. If not, talk to the MD and if not then move it up the chain. Just like running any match called USPSA must be run by ALL of the USPSA rules- the scoring must be done correctly. Anyone who goes to a USPSA match anywhere in the US should be able to count on certain absolutes across the board. And that is not IMO, those are the requirements or a club should lose their affiliation and run matches that are not run as USPSA.

OP good luck and I hope you get some cooperation on this.

I am of the opinion that this wording needs to be added to the club affiliation and bylaws.

But I am not a member of the BoD, and this would take them to get this done

That's fine -- as long as USPSA fixes their website so that the overall results can also get loaded. Because at small clubs there's lots of cross-divisional comparing going on between friends in different divisions...

Any club that runs a match under the USPSA name should be uploading their scores to USPSA, regardless of having a classifier stage or posting to other places.

I am a USPSA MD/RM and my general order is: upload to the Practiscore website right after the match or while waiting for my food at the late afternoon get together after the match. I then upload the scores to USPSA that evening or the next day at the latest. I do wait for a few days to iron out any issues before uploading the classifier/activity report since that is harder to change. Payment is made immediately with credit card.

There have been a few times when the report was not in on time for the next month upload since we shoot the 4th Sat. In general that was when I was out of town or forgot to upload after waiting a few days. Mainly due to also running a 3 Gun Nation club (actually co-MD) most 1st Sat. at a different range and getting confused and tied up with what I have done lately! Adding it to my calendar as a to-do has helped.

All of that said, there might be a time or 2 when scores are a bit later and/or the activity report is delayed but what is being stated above is not acceptable. Every USPSA affiliated club who runs a USPSA match (not necessarly the occasional charity, non-USPSA, etc match) MUST upload the scores to USPSA and within a reasonable time all classifier scores. If not, talk to the MD and if not then move it up the chain. Just like running any match called USPSA must be run by ALL of the USPSA rules- the scoring must be done correctly. Anyone who goes to a USPSA match anywhere in the US should be able to count on certain absolutes across the board. And that is not IMO, those are the requirements or a club should lose their affiliation and run matches that are not run as USPSA.

I am of the opinion that this wording needs to be added to the club affiliation and bylaws.

That's fine -- as long as USPSA fixes their website so that the overall results can also get loaded. Because at small clubs there's lots of cross-divisional comparing going on between friends in different divisions...

I agree with this as well. I am one that likes looking at the combined results.

Hmm. What does that have to do with PractiScore?

Before Practiscore there was no real alternative to the USPSA website to post scores online.

Not true. There are clubs been posting scores to their own web sites or section web sites. They were doing it before practiscore and they are still doing it with practiscore now.

With the ease of posting scores to practiscore I would guess most MD's post there first (maybe even from the range, I am guilty of that).

Here we go! What does it stop USPSA to make it easy for MD's to post their scores where USPSA want them?

I do not know what they need to do, it seems that you do though so if you want to email me you can

jake@uspsa.org

We all "look" at combined results, but combing Divisions is not official. I believe that is why you will not see USPSA post combined..

When you upload results to USPSA--you can find the combined results at http://combinedresults.info. They won't appear if the club does not post club matches to USPSA.

We all "look" at combined results, but combing Divisions is not official. I believe that is why you will not see USPSA post combined..

Ics - That's one of the reasons people (other than USPSA HQ types) don't care whether scores are uploaded to the USPSA web site. Most every shooter wants to see if they beat their buddy, or someone that they usually compare themselves to... and that's the one thing the USPSA does not allow to be posted...

And the combined results state boldly that they're not official. I'm good with that -- heck make it blinking red letters in 64 point type, for all I care -- but let me upload all results......

Ics - That's one of the reasons people (other than USPSA HQ types) don't care whether scores are uploaded to the USPSA web site. Most every shooter wants to see if they beat their buddy, or someone that they usually compare themselves to... and that's the one thing the USPSA does not allow to be posted...

If you are a USPSA member, then you should care. If your not a USPSA memeber, then you really don't have a say in it.

If it wasn't for USPSA HQ types (as you put it), then there wouldn't even be a USPSA.

And the combined results state boldly that they're not official. I'm good with that -- heck make it blinking red letters in 64 point type, for all I care -- but let me upload all results......

If that is what the majority of members want, then our BOD should make it happen.

The 3rd bullet addresses both uploading results AND reporting activity. We agree to follow these procedures every time we re-affiliate our clubs. The following is copied from the re-affiliation link for ALL clubs that use the USPSA name:

CLUB AFFILIATIONS RUN JANUARY 1 THROUGH DECEMBER 31 EACH YEAR.

CLUBS THAT HAVE NOT REAFFILIATED BY MARCH 15 WILL BE DROPPED.

Please Read and Agree before continuing.

We have read the bylaws, rules and regulations of USPSA/IPSC and agree to abide by them. As part of this reaffiliation application we further agree:

• To hold Practical Shooting contests under USPSA/IPSC rules and regulations set forth in the USPSA bylaws,
and to agree that all USPSA matches shall be open to any person eligible for USPSA membership, or any
member of another IPSC region, subject only to 6.4.4 thru 6.4.5.
• To hold a minimum of eight such matches, three of which will contain classifier courses,
To report the results of all USPSA matches held by our club within thirty days, and to follow USPSA policy in
reporting activities.
• To at all times abide by USPSA policies and procedures, including those that relate to USPSA licensed or
produced property,
• To return to USPSA all USPSA licensed or produced manuals, property, software, and merchandise upon
demand from USPSA or upon failure to reaffiliate with USPSA.
• To reserve the use of USPSA’s images and intellectual property for USPSA competitions and that activity fees
shall be paid for all competitors at any match employing such images or property, or that competitors might
reasonably assume to be a USPSA event.
• The club understands that failure to follow rules/procedures will result in revocation of USPSA/IPSC affiliation

Just to make sure we have covered the bases, here is the applicable part from the By-laws:

4.8 Club Membership: A club membership requires that the club: i.) consist of 10 or more individual members of the corporation at the time of application, ii.) make formal application to the corporation, iii.) agree to conduct the minimum number of corporation approved contests annually as established from time-to-time by the Board of Directors under the rules and guidelines as published by the corporation, iv.) render the published results, together with appropriate activity fees due the corporation from said contests, to the corporation within 30 days of match date, and v.) pay the annual affiliation dues as established from time to time by the Board of Directors.