Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is an affiliated club obligated to submit classifier scores?

kcobean

Practiscore now creates both the webfile for submitting scores and the activity/classifier report.

what I do is complete the scores on my ipad, email both files to myself, go to my PC, and submit them via the uspsa website. pretty easy/seamless now; no real excuse not to submit classifiers or post scores to uspsa just because you're using practiscore.

-rvb

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Practiscore now creates both the webfile for submitting scores and the activity/classifier report.

what I do is complete the scores on my ipad, email both files to myself, go to my PC, and submit them via the uspsa website. pretty easy/seamless now; no real excuse not to submit classifiers or post scores to uspsa just because you're using practiscore.

-rvb

Thanks Ryan

There have been issues like this where the resolution was as simple as a new MD was put in place, no one ever notified HQ and that person doesn't have access to upload scores and submit payment. They have just been posting results to practiscore and was unaware of submitting the results and payment to USPSA was needed. As USPSA members and regular competitors you should be asking your MD's to post your results to the USPSA webpage.

Jake, currently it is much much easier to post results to PractiScore. As an uspsa club and services coordinator, do you plan to make posting results to uspsa as easy as that?

I'm not sure I understand your comment. I use both EZwin and Practiscore. Practiscore is cool and has some great features, but EZWIN is old school programming and has it's limitations. EZWIN has served us well for a long time.

I can "post" scores just as fast with EZWIN as I can with Practiscore. Is Practiscore easier and faster overall--yes.

Jake, currently it is much much easier to post results to PractiScore. As an uspsa club and services coordinator, do you plan to make posting results to uspsa as easy as that?

I am not the tech guy, but this is something that I have brought up many times.

Jake, you don't need to be a tech guy to score a match. I'd suggest you try to score some match (like your clubs would do) and submit results and activity report (why those are separate anyways?) to uspsa. that would at least give you some idea what your clubs need to go trough. Do that in ezws, as well as in both PractiScore on iOS and PS on Android.

Though it would be interesting to know whom you brought up those issues to.

Anyhow, I haven't seen any conversations or dialog happening between any interested parties, which makes it look as USPSA HQ doesn't care if clubs would struggle or not...

-rvb

For one this is not available in Android app, so you need an ios/apple device or use ezws export.

But even then, creating these uspsa files in ios app and submitting them to uspsa are way way more complicated than tapping one button in PractiScore app to submit results to practiscore web site (that is what I'd call easy/seamless).

I'm not sure I understand your comment.

All I meant is that it takes one tap in PractiScore app to submit results to https://practiscore.com/results/

What I meant, and should make clear is that results should also be posted to USPSA page and not just practiscore.

Practiscore has been great for the sport, the clubs, and the members

Members that participate in the organizations affiliated club's matches should also want to see that their results are posted their results page on the organizations website.

I am not the tech guy, but this is something that I have brought up many times.

Jake, you don't need to be a tech guy to score a match. I'd suggest you try to score some match (like your clubs would do) and submit results and activity report (why those are separate anyways?) to uspsa. that would at least give you some idea what your clubs need to go trough. Do that in ezws, as well as in both PractiScore on iOS and PS on Android.

Though it would be interesting to know whom you brought up those issues to.

Anyhow, I haven't seen any conversations or dialog happening between any interested parties, which makes it look as USPSA HQ doesn't care if clubs would struggle or not...

-rvb

For one this is not available in Android app, so you need an ios/apple device or use ezws export.

But even then, creating these uspsa files in ios app and submitting them to uspsa are way way more complicated than tapping one button in PractiScore app to submit results to practiscore web site (that is what I'd call easy/seamless).

Thanks

I have brought it up to the BoD

What I meant, and should make clear is that results should also be posted to USPSA page and not just practiscore.

Practiscore has been great for the sport, the clubs, and the members

Members that participate in the organizations affiliated club's matches should also want to see that their results are posted to their results page on the organizations website.

As a paying member to USPSA, having all your results posted to one page so you can track is a benefit

if the clubs that you are shooting matches are not also posting the results to the uspsa website then you are not getting that benefit of your membership.

Edited by JakeMartens

I didn't realize it wasn't avail under android.... yet another feature falling behind iOS. (and another reason HQ needs to take some contractual control of practiscore to ensure certain features are available).

Compared to the past process of having to export the stages/scores from PS, then import into EZWin, then create the reports, etc, yes, it's quite easy seamless now. takes 60 seconds. I guess "hard" is relative.....

While I would like a single push-button into uspsa's database, it's far from hard. surely you have a club member w/ an iphone who could email you the reports if all you have for the club is android? I use my personal iPad only because I never set up our club nooks for email/etc and I like having the final results on it because I know it's what I'll have in-hand if I get an email from a shooter w/ an issue...

-rvb

Edited by rvb

I don't like it when clubs don't post to uspsa.

I like that I can just click match results and the top and see all my matches I've shot.

-rvb

and have the results when posted emailed to you

have a record of results in one spot that is easy to find

and oh yeah back to the OP, have a record on the uspsa website that can easily be reviewed to see if activity fee was also submitted

yea, the emailed results is a big plus, especially if there are updates. You'd never know there are updates on PS website unless you go looking for them or are somehow informed...

-rvb

As a paying member to USPSA, having all your results posted to one page so you can track is a benefit

if the clubs that you are shooting matches are not also posting the results to the uspsa website then you are not getting that benefit of your membership.

Jake, it is cool and all, but what did USPSA as organization done to the clubs and its members to get those results posted easily and without going trough number of obstacles?

I understand from discussions in other threads/forums that uspsa has at least worked w/ PS, eg provided information on how to format the data, testing support, etc.

A simple push-button would require some significant mods to PS... you'd have to provide uspsa.org login information to PS. Then there are privacy concerns (reference the password spill from a few months ago, how would the app handle/store/clear that information, etc).

I think the current iOS solution is pretty reasonable considering those issues. Yes, it would be nice if I could touch one button, provide my uspsa login info, and BAM, done. who is liable if by some security weakness or whatever in the app club contact's and authorized uploader's logins/passwords get compromised?

-rvb

Edited by rvb

Jake, it is cool and all, but what did USPSA as organization done to the clubs and its members to get those results posted easily and without going trough number of obstacles?

when I say that I am not the tech guy, that means I am not the person in charge of the techinal (IT) part of this. Ken Nelson and his staff have to work with Roger and Rick at USPSA in order for this to happen.

I understand that it is not easy right now, however if members were pushing this issue back up then maybe there would be less feet dragging on it on both sides.

My position has and will be that we should have the uspsa website as one stop shopping for all things for all clubs & members including scoring, results, match registration and squadding and stop sending our paying members to a third party website.

But I am not the person that can make it happen.

I am pointing out that paying members should be asking their match directors to post their results to the uspsa website. MD's should be engaging their BoD member to push this to make it easier for it to happen.

I don't like it when clubs don't post to uspsa.

I like that I can just click match results and the top and see all my matches I've shot.

-rvb

Don't think uspsa web site would ever show you something like this:

post-21787-0-51752200-1434737659_thumb.p

when I say that I am not the tech guy, that means I am not the person in charge of the techinal (IT) part of this. Ken Nelson and his staff have to work with Roger and Rick at USPSA in order for this to happen.

Jake, as a technical guy, I can tell you that "Ken and his stuff" don't have to work with Roger and Rick. Roger and Rick can take a PractiScore export file and use it to load all required match data themselves.

I've done exactly that for several other web sites, so it is not a rocket science at all.

it wouldn't include the non-uspsa stuff, correct. otherwise it does just that today.

uspsa does protect member confidentiality by only showing last names if you are logged in, vs the blurring you had to do.

I don't have to do a search on uspsa.... if I stay logged in, I just click match results.

also the PS search isn't showing correct/official results. my name shouldn't be showing up in the 2015 IN SS/Prod/Rev match.

-rvb

p.s. I'm not even sure how you did that search? In the app? via the PS website I can't seem to search by shooter. I don't have a smartphone and my iPad is at home, so web is all I can look at right now...

-rvb

Edited by rvb

Jake, as a technical guy, I can tell you that "Ken and his stuff" don't have to work with Roger and Rick. Roger and Rick can take a PractiScore export file and use it to load all required match data themselves.

I've done exactly that for several other web sites, so it is not a rocket science at all.

good thing it is not rocket science....cause that sounds really hard

I get what you are saying, and I think that I have made my point pretty clear.

Practiscore is great, I really like it, think that it is probably one of the best things that have happened to shooting sports. I am not bashing Practiscore, hell we should all go and click on the donate button to practiscore. I do not have any clue how all the behind the scenes stuff works, what programs and codes, or apps need to be written or worked on. There are people like you that are 100% smarter at that stuff then I could ever pretend to be, maybe you should get ahold of them and see of you can give them a hand

it wouldn't include the non-uspsa stuff, correct. otherwise it does just that today.

uspsa does protect member confidentiality by only showing last names if you are logged in, vs the blurring you had to do.

I don't have to do a search on uspsa.... if I stay logged in, I just click match results.

also the PS search isn't showing correct/official results. my name shouldn't be showing up in the 2015 IN SS/Prod/Rev match.

My point is that PS has more data loaded than USPSA ever will, especially for people who are shooting multiple sports. The screen is just a demonstration that data is in there.

PS: you were registered for 2015 IN SS/Prod/Rev match, but your entry was deleted at some point. So, it is a matter of interpretation really.

PPS: member confidentiality protection on uspsa web site is not much, but an illusion. All you need it to pay a few bucks to see the full names of all competitors. That's not even a challenge.

Practiscore is great, I really like it, think that it is probably one of the best things that have happened to shooting sports. I am not bashing Practiscore, hell we should all go and click on the donate button to practiscore. I do not have any clue how all the behind the scenes stuff works, what programs and codes, or apps need to be written or worked on. There are people like you that are 100% smarter at that stuff then I could ever pretend to be, maybe you should get ahold of them and see of you can give them a hand

Eugene (euxx) is the lead developer (only developer?) for the Android version of PractiScore... He writes the code... updates the code... distributes the code... provides technical support to all the Android PractiScore scorekeepers... and helps out online with PS technical support. For all practical purposes, Eugene IS Android PractiScore...

Seems like some of the posters in this thread don't realize the contribution that Eugene makes to the PractiScore community... Just setting the record straight...

Maybe I already did. I would think someone at your position would have known...

Unfortunately, for certain things people have to take the ownership. Not something someone outside of USPSA HQ could do.

Eugene (euxx) is the lead developer (only developer?) for the Android version of PractiScore... He writes the code... updates the code... distributes the code... provides technical support to all the Android PractiScore scorekeepers... and helps out online with PS technical support. For all practical purposes, Eugene IS Android PractiScore...

Seems like some of the posters in this thread don't realize the contribution that Eugene makes to the PractiScore community... Just setting the record straight...

You just ruined all the fun! :)

Though I do appreciate the support. Thank you.