Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ear pro

Honeybooboo

Amazon.com

? your link isn't a specific link. Just the amazon main page.

Perhaps rishii was saying that Amazon is likely the best place to price shop?

Here's what a quick search brings up--looks like $200 round numbers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apeltor+tac+pro&keywords=peltor+tac+pro&ie=UTF8&qid=1436067812

That is what it seems like. My concern is the big muffs will make getting a good check weld hard. Anyone have problems with that with these big muffs?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I just bought a pair of Pro Tac Gold after a pair Peltor Tacktical. The noise cancelation works differently on the Pro Ears. If I shoot indoors I do wear plugs as well as the muffs with the Pro Ears. I didn't have to do that with the Peltors. The Pro Ears are definitely clearer though and outside is fine.

I just bought a pair of Pro Tac Gold after a pair Peltor Tactical. The noise cancelation works differently on the Pro Ears. If I shoot indoors I do wear plugs as well as the muffs with the Pro Ears. I didn't have to do that with the Peltors. The Pro Ears are definitely clearer though and outside is fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do the Pro ears completely cut out when there's a loud noise or do they just lower the volume?

Lower the volume. But it reacts and recovers so fast, it's almost like they turn off

Edited by kmca

Do the Pro ears completely cut out when there's a loud noise or do they just lower the volume?

That's the beauty of the Pro Ears, to me. They lower the report of the gun to the same level as everything else. No cutting out. The only danger in them is that you forget you're wearing them. At least I do. Usually don't take them off for the entire match.

Edit: I think they call it compression.

Edited by JackOAT

The only down side to the Pro Ears (IMO) is that you can hear everything that the "peanut gallery" is saying. It's distracting sometimes. (especially when they are making rude remarks about the shooter.....me) :roflol: