Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

video in Japan of Open Division?

Travis224

Was it the video that looks like Kung Zhu and they're kicking through buses and like running up and down platforms and all sorts of craziness? Odd combination of IPSC and Ultimate Warrior? if that's so I know what the video you're talking about I want to say it was from a movie. I forget what it was called... it was part 3 of whatever movie

as mentioned it's most obviously not in japan or featuring any japanese ACTORS and it's not IPSC but a movie with some IPSC sort of shooting... 100% theatrical. entertaining but that's about it. certainly not even close to reality of IPSC or USPSA...

i agree, its all entertainment. I shoot USPSA and am certain alot of the moving and shooting they do would be frowned upon. But it looks cool. Lol. Just like anything else on TV, the general public may not know any better, but the people who do actually have real world experience would say "nope not even close". Haha

i agree, its all entertainment. I shoot USPSA and am certain alot of the moving and shooting they do would be frowned upon. But it looks cool. Lol. Just like anything else on TV, the general public may not know any better, but the people who do actually have real world experience would say "nope not even close". Haha

That's exactly right! When I was living in Asia, friends of mine saw those movies and thought that is exactly what I did. It was very tempting to just say, "yup, exactly!" :)

I like the good guys stage run. It's heaps dodgier. When running to the door he holds his gun behind him pointing it back up range to the crowd/ro etc. then just to make sure he's swept absolutely everyone in the place he does a cool 360 'super sweep' as he enters the door. He also has a very nice 'gunslinger' finger waggle at the start and excecutes an awesome tactical mag flip.

The bad guy is boring by comparison. Doesn't really manage to sweep himself or anyone. It's almost like he understands muzzle discipline. He does manage a triple tap which would be fantastic if 3 alphas was better than 2. He also drops a mag by accident and doesn't catch his own majestically soaring ejected round at ulasc. He needs work.

Edited by BeerBaron