Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Dot size

JimF38sup

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used an Arredondo glare shield and was happy with it. When I changed to my 4 MOA dot though, something wasn't right, I kept losing it. Assumed it was the dot till my brother pointed out it was actually the glare shield. I could see the dot dead centre of the glass, but it disappeared with any movement away. I've ditched the cover now, and can see the dot right to the edges of the glass.

I didn't like the glare shield either. Unless I was exactly centered, I would loose the dot.

Yeah I tried the Arrendondo shield and had issues with it blocking the dot at some angles. I switched to a LIMCAT shield with the small aluminum pad between the dot module and the glare shield and have had 0 issues since switching.

Same here I tried a shield and you loose the dot if not centered. So I took the shield off

I realized my shield was allowing the dot to show all the way to the left edge of the glass but blocking it well before it got to the right edge. Very annoying, but I didn't want to ditch the shield. I was able to take a razor blade to the corner of the right side of the shield and a little trimming cleared it up and stopped obscuring the dot on the right side.

Edited by theWacoKid

• 3 weeks later...

I run 8 moa on my open pistols and Revolvers for everything other than bullseye shooting. I had a 6 and a 4. The 4 washes out bad on bright New England days. The 6 was ok but not as bright and noticeable as the 8. Another plus to the 8 is when your battery starts to die (always at a match of course) the 8 will be more noticeable and still usable as it starts to dim as compared to anything smaller.

• 3 weeks later...

I like my 6. It's a great compromise, on long (40-50 yd) shoots on steel it doesn't "hide" the 'center' plate of the popper.

Also, It seems that you get used to what you train, play, and compete with .... so in that vein, to each there own.

Hello: I tried the 4MOA dot module today. I found it did not wash out at all for me and was actually easy to see to my surprise. For me I think the 6MOA dot will work better since I have middle age eyes and I will need glasses soon to shoot better. I think it is a worth while test for anyone thinking of doing it and great for those really tight shots. Thanks, Eric

I tend to think for guys with decent eye sight a smaller dot is probably better. it will give confidence on those tight partials and longer distance shots. I know the guy who came 3rd in open at the last world shoot (Brodie Macintosh) uses a 4 MOA dot.

my eyes suck so I like a 6 or an 8. mostly 6s. but I'm about to switch my primary back up to an 8, :)