Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PDR Pro Vs BOSS For SP01

AdamMP9

Hey guys , currently I am running the BOSS hanger and Bladetech setup for my M&P Pro Series . However I will be transitioning to my SP01 and I am hearing / seeing conflicting stories about the PDR Pro in terms of getting the holster to or under the 2 inch rule , as well as some have been telling me the retention and fit for the Bladetech for the SP01 is less than stellar .

Would it be worth it to just buy the PDR pro and give it a whirl , or snag a bladetech and mount it to my boss hanger ? I have zero experience with the double alpha holsters so naturally my curiosity has me wondering . The adjustability of the PDR pro looks pretty sweet , just slightly concerned with what I am hearing about some shooters having issues with the 2 inch rule .

well if you're concerned about your 2" I'm afraid I can't help you with that .... :)

However, as far as the Boss hanger w/Bladetech holster for the Shadow, that's what I've been running for over a year now (25,000+ rds & counting) ... works perfect ... don't have nor have I ever heard of a 'retention' issue either

Shadow + Boss + Bladetech = Production GM stardom in your future ...

My wife says she can't help with the 2' either :mellow: lol .

Thanks for the reply man , I have no complaints or issues with the Stoeger setup I am currently using . Quite a few guys have told me they purchased Bladetech holsters for the 75 Series in general and none of them really had anything positive to say , which I thought was kind of odd considering all my EDC carry holsters are Bladetechs . Hence why I came here instead .

Thanks again man !

I use the pdr pro, no issues with the 2", can't see why anyone would with the ball joint you can set it pretty much anywhere. The one thing I wish was different would be a lower cut to expose the safety on the body side. I ride my thumb on top of the safety, and wish I could start the draw thumb on top of safety. I have no problems now, thumb hits the safety on the way out.

well if you're concerned about your 2" I'm afraid I can't help you with that .... :)

However, as far as the Boss hanger w/Bladetech holster for the Shadow, that's what I've been running for over a year now (25,000+ rds & counting) ... works perfect ... don't have nor have I ever heard of a 'retention' issue either

Shadow + Boss + Bladetech = Production GM stardom in your future ...

I agree. I've been running a BladeTech on my Boss Hangar since last year with my Accu and it's run great. Not a single issue of any kind.

The retention is not great on the BladeTech holster for the Shadow right out of the box, but if you remove a little amount from the rubber washers (make them slightly more thin, or just replace them with thinner rubber washers) and use the hand adjustable screws the retention can get very tight.

I'm using the BOSS hanger but with a COM holster. I like how sturdy the BOSS hanger is and the wide range of adjustments you can make on it. I did look at the PDR, but the biggest selling point of the BOSS for me was the ability to index my thumb on the safety when I draw. I'm also using the BOSS for single stack and may also get one for my 3-gun belt.

I purchased the boss hanger kit with blade tech holster from Stoeger. First go round the holster would not retain my sp-01. Called cs and they exchanged it for a holster that works great. Figured I just got a dud. Either way stoeger's pro shop will stand behind the holsters they sell and send you a new blade-tech if need be.

Well , I got my Bladetech holster for my SP01 today , mounted it up onto my BOSS hanger and I have to say it's all good . I didn't get a dud like some of the people above have described . Ordered one for my P09 for the hell of it too for my backup setup so we're good to go . I'd say I'll stick with my BOSS setup for now !

I never really noticed my gun flopping around before until I came across this thread. The other day when shooting I couldn't stop focusing on how my holster was all wiggly. Now I guess I'll go ahead and get a hanger for my comp tac