Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cape with bow

zhunter

I'm not a big African Game hunting fan - I prefer land a little more North West that is a hell of a lot colder.

Seems like Africa is so commercialized - no sport. Zhunter - be interested to hear about your experience.

And Jack (I like your name!) I will vote for your son!

JB

I'm not a big African Game hunting fan - I prefer land a little more North West that is a hell of a lot colder.

Seems like Africa is so commercialized - no sport. Zhunter - be interested to hear about your experience.

And Jack (I like your name!) I will vote for your son!

JB

The Buffalo Hunt was Awesome. Be glad to tell ya about it! IM me with an e-mail.

Yeah, Cape Buffs do have a VERY mean/nasty side. We "let" one get a little too close too, got a little hairy before I nailed mine! It was trying to wind us at about 4-5 yards! YEAH, I know, I am an adrenaline JUNKIE!!!!

I have some great video, but don't know how to get it onto my computer and then post it!!!

What's the difference between a "Cape Buffalo" and a "Water Buffalo?" I have eaten more than my fair share of Water Buffalo, and they sure look like Z's Cape. they can be mean SOB's at times, but never the less tasty. Now Yak is another story.

What's the difference between a "Cape Buffalo" and a "Water Buffalo?" I have eaten more than my fair share of Water Buffalo, and they sure look like Z's Cape. they can be mean SOB's at times, but never the less tasty. Now Yak is another story.

Cape Buffalo is African, Water Buffalo is Asian / Australian.

TOTALLY different animals, especially in the temperment dept!

I hope your PH had a pair of 400gn solids ready...

Too cool man. I lived in Africa (Sudan & Tanzania) for a short while. Cant wait to retire and move there.

The funny thing was, it was just the two of us, the PH and myself, and at one point, a Buff surprised us while the PH was videoing. The gun was "not handy", and due to the close proximity of the Buff, he could not reach for the Gun. The standoff lasted about 3 minutes at about 4-5 yards!!!! We were in a blind, VERY well camouflaged, but the Buffalo wanted to have a look inside the blind it seemed! He was SOOO close that movement was not possible. Just had to hold your nerve and hope for the best.

I had a similar experience with a Rhino several years ago. I was in a Leopard blind at night, and the Rhino decided to eat some of the camouflaging on our blind.

Both times we had the wind in our favor, by the grace of God I might note. Otherwise I would have been killed!

Makes for fun campfire stories at night!

That Buff was shot with a Legacy, tricked out to 75 lbs with a 725 grain arrow.

The bow was great for that arrow, but for regular plains game arrows, i.e. 410 grains, I was unhappy withthe performance. I used the bow as a deposit on a hunt this coming summer.

Lion with a bow!!!! Should be interesting!