Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Base Pads

WJM

I am looking at buying new basepads for my Tanfoglio Stock 2, I previously had the Henning base pads and they haven't really worked at all for what I want.

Has anyone had a good experience with the Shock Bottle ones from Stoeger? Does anyone know if the spring precision ones for CZ's will work on a Tanfo and be production legal? Are there any that I am missing?

Fun fact, the Taran Tactical Basepads for Glock actually fit on the Tanfoglio mags with some slight fitting, so if all these choices are out the window I may just get some +0's small from Taran and fit them to the mags.

My main goal is for the basepad to act like a stock base pad, as in that it allows you to force the mag into the gun but will not allow the mag to be over inserted causing a jam. I think the reason the Henning pads don't allow this is the sides of the basepads near the rails that attach to the magazine are not tall enough to stop the mag before it reaches the magwell opening.

Thanks for reading and possibly answering,

WJM

Edited by WJM

Stoegers pads are awesome. I haven't looked back. They are durable, plenty big enough to get a good grip when reloading but aren't overly large. They are worth every penny in my opinion. Tell Tim at the pro shop Gump sent ya and he'll get you setup

The reason I didn't immediately go to the Eric Grauffel Base pads is that they are the exact same design (or very very similar to the Henning basepads) which I am assuming would have the same issue that I am running into, which would be somewhat a waste of my time to purchase.

http://henningshop.com/products/tanfoglio-aluminum-ipsc-base-pad-large-frame-h500-t

Alright Gump I will look at them. They seem to be a lot easier off than the other ones I have looked at. Both the Extreme Version and the Henning one has a screw in the rear that is alan head and it is a complete pain in the ass that is made of cheap material that wore out after removing them less than 10 times. I am frustrated because they take took long to clean and that screw falls apart after such few times.

Thanks,

WJM

The reason I didn't immediately go to the Eric Grauffel Base pads is that they are the exact same design (or very very similar to the Henning basepads)

BUT THEY HAVE DRAGONS ON THEM!!! :ph34r:

Shaves off atleast .5 on a reload time.

Edited by praetorian97

Man I need to buy those with a reload of .4 seconds I will be a GM tomorrow right?

Just from buying from Grauffel I will be a GM right? Someone tell me its true..

WJM

20 minutes or so.

I am signed up for the Idaho Sectional, but I was informed that I can't squad with some of my Utah friends other than my dad, so I haven't decided if I want to shoot that match yet.

WJM

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a large frame Stock II? If so, the Springers will not fit. I have them for my CZ and they are great. First thing I tried was putting them on my Stock II mags which (of course) was a disappointing failure. I bought the Shockbottles and really like them. The finish matches the frame really well.

• 1 month later...

Edit for random old post attaching to this one... yep...

I know this is an older thread but what size TTI pads fit tanfo? Are you using LG frame tanfo and glock pads or what? Thank you

I am looking at buying new basepads for my Tanfoglio Stock 2, I previously had the Henning base pads and they haven't really worked at all for what I want.

Has anyone had a good experience with the Shock Bottle ones from Stoeger? Does anyone know if the spring precision ones for CZ's will work on a Tanfo and be production legal? Are there any that I am missing?

Fun fact, the Taran Tactical Basepads for Glock actually fit on the Tanfoglio mags with some slight fitting, so if all these choices are out the window I may just get some +0's small from Taran and fit them to the mags.

My main goal is for the basepad to act like a stock base pad, as in that it allows you to force the mag into the gun but will not allow the mag to be over inserted causing a jam. I think the reason the Henning pads don't allow this is the sides of the basepads near the rails that attach to the magazine are not tall enough to stop the mag before it reaches the magwell opening.

Thanks for reading and possibly answering,

WJM

Edited by Open1215

So the TTI plus 3 for Glock mags do fit large frame magazines.

However they do need slide fitting. Basically the edges that slip over the bottom of the mag edge need to be rounded out and made more wide because the Tanfo Mags are so wide at the base.

When I get home I will take a picture of the base pad and how I had to change it up. If I could push my sight down enough funny enough I could actually fit inside the production box just BARELY.

Wyatt

Edited by WJM

Hmmm. Ok. Great. Are you using a LG frame tanfo or sm? Also the pads are they for a LG frame glock or sm? I'm thinking about ordering a 170mm pad and seeing how it works. If not I can just put them on my glock.

Large frame Tanfo is what I am using.

I didn't know Glock had large and small frame. I just got whatever base pad he normally sells.

Wyatt

Yes. Sm frame for 9,40,357sig and 45gap. LG frame. 10mm and 45acp.. probably small frame pads. I will measure some pads and mags later when I have some time to go through my safe :-) thank you!

Stoegers pads are awesome. I haven't looked back. They are durable, plenty big enough to get a good grip when reloading but aren't overly large. They are worth every penny in my opinion. Tell Tim at the pro shop Gump sent ya and he'll get you setup

As in a discount? That would be sweet.