Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buying/Selling Guns on the Internet

I've sold a couple via gunsamerica, and traded a couple via members here and at glocktalk. I haven't had any trouble, but I have talked to a couple of buyers that are real skiddish, and seem to think there is a major problem doing this.

I'm not talking about doing anything illegal, or patently stupid (all transfers done via FFL).

What do you think?

Bought several guns over the past 5 years, 6 I think- both on USPSA site and here. Bought a boat load of smaller stuff. Never had the slightest problem... Take that back - lost a MO one time and sent another. I later received the first MO back in the mail. Had several members here and one on USPSA ship before the funds even arrived! :) I have heard bad things but never had anything but good experiences myself.

Have bought a few over the past couple of years..no problem so far..

have bought from BE members, USPSA classifieds, thehighroad.org and gunbroker.

mainly check the references..ask for photos...etc..

never ever had an issue over anything from the USPSA classifieds or BE members..

I've purchased from gunbroker, davidson's, impact guns, auction arms. Some other names I know have gone smoothly, but I haven't personally purchased from: CDNN, AIM surplus, east county guns.

Biggest consistent problem with the auction sites are the folks selling stuff they do not actually have in stock. There is a particularly bad offender in regards to RRA ar stuff.

I've sold a few and purchased a few without any problems. I picked up a 410 870 and a S&W model 31-2, they shipped em to my dealer and I paid the transfer fee, no big deal. I've sold a couple, a S&W 645 and a Browning Buckmark. I shipped them to their dealer, and I never received any complaints.

This has been a little while, but I didn't have any issues with it.

Vince

I tried to sell my shotgun several times on gunsamerica.com I can't remember how many times someone said that they wanted it, then would back out. Gunsamerica.com was real helpful...NOT. They didn't give a %#@#. Not to mention someone tried the 'ole "certified check scam", so I had them send their "money" to the local field office of the USS. Finally sold it here on be.com

Have purchased one pistol and in the process of buying another on USPSA classified page. Have also sold and bought several small items on both USPSA and BE without any problems. A 3 day inspection period is standard and I have also sent small items before funds arrived and have accepted personal checks without problems. Biggest problem is snail mail. Recently bought an item from this forum and it was mailed from Ohio to Illinois and took 8 days first class?

I sold a small item and mailed it from Illinois to Arizona and it took 3 days first class? B)

I would think that USPSA, and BE forum, members are much better than the auction buyers, and that gun buyers in general are way better than your average Ebayer. I really believe gun people to be mostly good and honest people of their word.

BE'ers are the best, with USPSA Classified's people being within an acceptable range (some really good, some not so). Haven't gone outside of those two, really, except for the local area.

I haven't had any problems bad enough to get worked up over.