spikes upper

20" Lilja 8T barrel
15" Samson handguard withs rail sections
SLR rifleworks Sentry 7 adjustable gas block
Kies NIBx bolt carrier w/coated firing pin
Alexander Arms enhanced bolt
BCM gun fighter mod 3 charging handle

• 4 weeks later...

I kept seeing exploded bolts in threads on other pages from a few years back. I think these were first passes of machined out 556 bolts. I know some new steel has been used but does anyone have more details?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

JP uses Lilja blanks and we all know how good both of the companies barrels are. I built a 6.5 Grendel with a Black Hole Weaponry Poly barrel. Shot in the .6's and sold the upper to a friend. I could not get that upper back if I begged him. I think it was around $900 when I finished it.

Tommy Roupe

You can usually buy just the barrel with matched bolt from JP. Their upper wasn't quite perfect for me, so I built a slickside bare upper (which I'm now converting to side-cocker) with JP 18" Supermatch barrel/bolt and adjustable gas system. Then finished it off with an AP 17" carbon fiber handguard, Ace stock, nickel boron carrier, Tubb buffer, etc. The rifle weighs in at a dainty 6lbs and can shoot with the best of them. I shoot it as a Highpower spacegun and as a 3-gun rifle and never feel outgunned. Pic to come. Oh, and it was not as pricey as a direct JP, despite the $630 barrel/bolt.

You can usually buy just the barrel with matched bolt from JP. Their upper wasn't quite perfect for me, so I built a slickside bare upper (which I'm now converting to side-cocker) with JP 18" Supermatch barrel/bolt and adjustable gas system. Then finished it off with an AP 17" carbon fiber handguard, Ace stock, nickel boron carrier, Tubb buffer, etc. The rifle weighs in at a dainty 6lbs and can shoot with the best of them. I shoot it as a Highpower spacegun and as a 3-gun rifle and never feel outgunned. Pic to come. Oh, and it was not as pricey as a direct JP, despite the $630 barrel/bolt.

image_2.jpg

Is this a 6.5 Grendel or 223 Rem?

image_2.jpg

Is this a 6.5 Grendel or 223 Rem?

It's a .223, but my point was, build a "JP" the way you want.

I shoot many 6.5's, and the 6PPC upon which the Grendel is based, but I've never had the need for 6.5 Grendel. I'd rather do a 6mm variant from an AR.

Edited by RippinSVT

Thank you very much for the clarification and your other thoughts on caliber.

I've been kicking around the idea of remaking a receiver set into either 6.5G or some 6mm variant (6mm AR, 243 LBC, or 6x6.8mm, to name a few) for longer range Designated Marksman type matches.