Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just did a trigger job on my first Limited Pro - questions

Stician

If you're using the factory hammer, expect a longer SA trigger pull. The OE hammer has longer hammer hooks compared to the delta or Titan hammers. In turn the sear needs to drag along those longer hooks. You may even get some creep from it.

My Titan hammer breaks very crisp from the sear.

did you have to fit an extended firing pin block with Titan hammer? I do have a little creep in SA

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you're using the factory hammer, expect a longer SA trigger pull. The OE hammer has longer hammer hooks compared to the delta or Titan hammers. In turn the sear needs to drag along those longer hooks. You may even get some creep from it.

did you have to fit an extended firing pin block with Titan hammer? I do have a little creep in SA

Yes. I have the henning extended FP and needed to put the extended FPB in the slide for the block to work. I'm still having a problem though. Every once in a while when I check it, the FP will move past the FPB when a little extra pressure is applied to it. Not every time, just some times. But when I first put the FPB in the slide, the FP would get stuck beyond the FPB when dry fired. The back plate would fall off the slide when you rack the gun. So I sanded down the FPB from .510 to .508 and it seems to work most of the time. I need it to work 100% of the time though. My main problem is the one piece sear just doesn't move enough for positive engagement for the FPB. I'm considering going back to the 2 piece sear and trying it that way.

Yes. I have the henning extended FP and needed to put the extended FPB in the slide for the block to work. I'm still having a problem though. Every once in a while when I check it, the FP will move past the FPB when a little extra pressure is applied to it. Not every time, just some times. But when I first put the FPB in the slide, the FP would get stuck beyond the FPB when dry fired. The back plate would fall off the slide when you rack the gun. So I sanded down the FPB from .510 to .508 and it seems to work most of the time. I need it to work 100% of the time though. My main problem is the one piece sear just doesn't move enough for positive engagement for the FPB. I'm considering going back to the 2 piece sear and trying it that way.
Sounds good and hope you sort it out. I'm using the Henning XL firing pin and it works with the factory FPB. I think I'm going to leave it as-is because under the buzzer a little bit of pretravel creep isn't noticeable.

Sounds good and hope you sort it out. I'm using the Henning XL firing pin and it works with the factory FPB. I think I'm going to leave it as-is because under the buzzer a little bit of pretravel creep isn't noticeable.

Do you have the one piece sear, or 2 piece?

Do you have the one piece sear, or 2 piece?
One piece sear, came from factory this way.

Here's what you do to make it 100% and I use the stock FPB...use a stock FP spring and a 13# Wolff hammer spring with 2 coils cut off. This spring combination with Henning extended FP, Xtreme hammer and one piece sear will NOT allow FP to lock beyond the FPB. With polishing and the springs setting I achieve a 5.5# DA and 2.25# SA pull. Sets off Winchester primers 99% of the time which I use in practice but Federal primers 100% of the time which I use in matches. You may get a 1/4 pound lighter trigger pull with the Xtreme springs but then you run into the problems you mentioned. I've tried all the combinatons and this has been the best for me. However the light springs work great in a SA only set up w/o the FPB as would be legal in limited but not production.

So I'm getting some light strikes with CCI primers seated as deep as my Dillon 550 allows. I would have used my 1050 for best possible results but it is tuned for my 40 major and that's my only competition division. Over the weekend I took a training class with JJ Racaza and had an opportunity to shoot his Stock 2. I really like the Xtreme parts including the trigger shoe so I'm ordering a Titan hammer, FPS, grips, torx screws, FO sights, and trigger. Just a heads up by ordering directly from Eric Grauffel's online shop I was able to save significant amount of money. If you register an account with U.S. address the prices will exclude VAT.

If you have a hand primer, try hand priming a small batch. Typically hand primers will seat further in than a progressive ran and a decent pace. Its not a long term solution but will let you know 100% if its a primer seating issue.

I did a batch of a 100 and it definitely was mine issue. Never had light primer strike issues in any of my Tangs or CZ but this is the first DA Tang I've tried to ride the edge on.

11149664_10205368014096430_8011548422318

I don't think my seating is the issue bc I have quite a bit of reloading experience. I'm running light xtreme springs with Henning firing pin. I felt another Stock 2 with xtreme medium springs and Titan hammer. It felt lighter and crisper than my heart shaped hammer.

Has anyone weighed Xtreme Delta/Titan hammer against HSH? I will when the parts come in.

Edited by Stician

You just hurt my feelers :devil: . I too am an experienced reloader :ph34r: . Well over 30K rounds loaded on this LNL press alone.

My LNL seats them flush but there was just enough give that my hammer/spring combo didnt like in DA mode. I think down the road I may go Titan Hammer but for now funds are going into other parts. Ill use the Delta Xtreme for a bit longer.

Edited by praetorian97

Ha, I was hoping you wouldn't feel too offended by me :) the Delta hammer is good. JJ runs factory hot 9mm armscor ammo with a Delta hammer. The primers are seated very low in armscor. Lower than the pic you shared above.

Edited by Stician

Xtreme parts came in. I messed up the Xtreme front sight. It requires a lot of shaving to fit and I got impatient after too many passes and fitting. I busted out the dremel and over did it.

Titan hammer weighs 15.6 grams

Stock hammer weighs 13.3 grams

The Limited Pro comes with .500" Firing Pin Safety which is the same as Eric Grauffel's part. It works with new one piece sear geometry and my Henning XL firing pin, not sure which generation. It's def not the new one some people are trying.

So just recap all the incremental parts:

CGW trigger return spring

CGW firing pin spring used in plunger

EGD light hammer spring

EGD light firing pin spring

LRA light sear spring

Clipped one coil off mag release spring

Polish moving parts

6 lb 7 oz and 2 lb 14 oz

Dropped in Titan hammer and Xtreme trigger.

DA dropped to 6 lbs and SA went up to 3 lbs.

The break is very clean and DA stacks less and feels smoother. Also I'm surprised SA reset improved. I was about to ditch the CGW firing pin spring in the plunger for factory to get a more positive trigger reset. I'm happy with the feel and all I need is 100% ignition with CCI. Since the Titan is 2.3 grams heavier I have a feeling it will resolve 5% light primer strikes I had last range session.

Sunday I had a good match shooting my Cheely 5.4. All is well in my head ;)

https://youtu.be/X3j6Sl_bZa8

Edited by Stician

Quality of trigger feel improved but I'm still get 5% light strikes with Titan hammer, light xtreme hammer spring, Henning XL firing pin. I even took out the FPS and same result. CCI primers. I'm going to try Federal next before I mess with a heavier spring.

These guns are fairly hard to tune. No kits out there. Buy X from here, Y from there, all cobbled up. My Cheelys can pop Tula all day long with EGW fire controls and 2.5 lb trigger. Just runs.

Edited by Stician

Quality of trigger feel improved but I'm still get 5% light strikes with Titan hammer, light xtreme hammer spring, Henning XL firing pin. I even took out the FPS and same result. CCI primers. I'm going to try Federal next before I mess with a heavier spring.

These guns are fairly hard to tune. No kits out there. Buy X from here, Y from there, all cobbled up. My Cheelys can pop Tula all day long with EGW fire controls and 2.5 lb trigger. Just runs.

They really are not any harder to do than a cz. Primer depth and types of primers is probably your cause of light strikes. CCI Primers are hard, I've seen cz's not set them off too.

I think it is easier to work on than CZ. My point isn't this is a bad platform. Just it's a little bit of a goose chase buying parts from 4 or 5 vendors.

Yeah that can be a hassle for sure. I've ordered parts from eric's shop twice and from stoeger and from henning but at least they are readily available from different sources now.

584350bd4460ff578f4ac6d00b57da2b.jpg

I am just noticing is this a 4.5" barrel on your Limited Pro??? Did it come from the factory that way. I've NEVER seen one like that. I though they all had the long slide 4.9" barrel/slide. BTW I have the Titan hammer and like it a lot!