Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just did a trigger job on my first Limited Pro - questions

Stician

That's so interesting, now that I look on the web at other guns, yours looks the right length but the cocking serrations are put as close to the end of the slide as they do on the Stock II instead of most of the other Limited Pro's where the serrations start right at the end of the dust covers. I guess your guns are just even more unique! :D

post-33893-0-30847500-1430494136_thumb.j

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although I didn't measure it one of the reasons for me to get the Limited Pro over Stock II was weight to match my 5.4 Cheely SDC. I thought it was weird when my Ltd Pro weighed in 38 oz empty and 41 oz with mag.

I'm saying I think your barrel and slide are the correct 4.9" length just the front cocking serrations are in a different location from most other Limited Pro's. Not really a bad thing just different. May be worth measuring just to confirm. Just stick a cleaning rod down the barrel till it hits the breach face, not the spot with your finger, then pull it out and measure the length.

If you're using the factory hammer, expect a longer SA trigger pull. The OE hammer has longer hammer hooks compared to the delta or Titan hammers. In turn the sear needs to drag along those longer hooks. You may even get some creep from it.

My Titan hammer breaks very crisp from the sear.

did you have to fit an extended firing pin block with Titan hammer? I do have a little creep in SA

Yes. I have the henning extended FP and needed to put the extended FPB in the slide for the block to work. I'm still having a problem though. Every once in a while when I check it, the FP will move past the FPB when a little extra pressure is applied to it. Not every time, just some times. But when I first put the FPB in the slide, the FP would get stuck beyond the FPB when dry fired. The back plate would fall off the slide when you rack the gun. So I sanded down the FPB from .510 to .508 and it seems to work most of the time. I need it to work 100% of the time though. My main problem is the one piece sear just doesn't move enough for positive engagement for the FPB. I'm considering going back to the 2 piece sear and trying it that way.

Here's what you do to make it 100% and I use the stock FPB...use a stock FP spring and a 13# Wolff hammer spring with 2 coils cut off. This spring combination with Henning extended FP, Xtreme hammer and one piece sear will NOT allow FP to lock beyond the FPB. With polishing and the springs setting I achieve a 5.5# DA and 2.25# SA pull. Sets off Winchester primers 99% of the time which I use in practice but Federal primers 100% of the time which I use in matches. You may get a 1/4 pound lighter trigger pull with the Xtreme springs but then you run into the problems you mentioned. I've tried all the combinatons and this has been the best for me. However the light springs work great in a SA only set up w/o the FPB as would be legal in limited but not production.

This is very interesting to me.

On a Stock 2 I installed the Titan hammer, have a "fitted" extended LRA FPB, 13# Wolff hammer spring with 2 coils cut off, CGW TRS, "Clicky Pen" plunger spring (dunno about this but it seems to work fine and trigger is nice), Henning extended FP, 1- piece sear and EG light FP spring.

I'm getting trigger pulls at 5.5 DA, 2.25 SA and running Tula, Win and Federals successfully so far.

The 'fitted' FPB (a prior owner altered it) mostly works but is not 100%. I want 100%. After installing a new LRA FPB the FP quickly gets stuck in front of the FPB when dry fired. I sanded the base of the FPB (0.508-0.510) some but apparently not enough.

I will also try using a stouter FP spring - that makes sense, although this will reduce the strength of the primer strike.

My FPS block is .500" and works with factory one piece sear, Henning XL pin and Titan. Just need to iron out 5% light strikes. Going to run Federals next and run a friends CCI ammo that runs 100% in his Stock II

That's so interesting, now that I look on the web at other guns, yours looks the right length but the cocking serrations are put as close to the end of the slide as they do on the Stock II instead of most of the other Limited Pro's where the serrations start right at the end of the dust covers. I guess your guns are just even more unique! :D

attachicon.gifpix656293619.jpg

Mine measures 4.78" to breach face. You're right the serrations are more forward on my pair.

Just wrapped up gun #2 and the safety needed to be fitted to the one piece sear after putting in the Titan hammer. This FPB is also 0.500" and functions as designed just like gun #1.

50687c5768640958923505edeaba141d.jpg

• 1 month later...

I finally understand why Henning offers 3 different weighted plunger springs. Although I don't have a set to tune with I do have a set of CGW firing pin spring repurposed for plunger spring use and obviously OEM. After working on my two Limited Pros with duplicate parts one had a crisper reset but runs at 8 oz heavier DA and SA pull. The lighter #2 was lighter; in the range of 2 lb 12 oz SA pull but also had less pronounced trigger reset feel. I decided to put the OEM plunger spring back in this one and gained 5 oz back but surprised the trigger reset also improved. Not quite as positive but much closer now. I think getting two triggers within 3 oz is pretty good. So it's not always necessary to swap out OEM plunger spring.

Hmm, I have a set of Henning springs but went to a clicky pen spring for the lightest trigger. I didn't try to compare reset vs. trigger pull weight.

I'm running about 2.5 lbs SA on a Stock 2 and a Lim Pro measured on a cheap spring scale, probably really 2.25 lbs when I calibrate the spring scale against weight measured on a digital scale.

I'm wndering if I would be better off with a more positive reset and slightly heavier SA trigger pull.

Hmm, I have a set of Henning springs but went to a clicky pen spring for the lightest trigger. I didn't try to compare reset vs. trigger pull weight.

I'm running about 2.5 lbs SA on a Stock 2 and a Lim Pro measured on a cheap spring scale, probably really 2.25 lbs when I calibrate the spring scale against weight measured on a digital scale.

I'm wndering if I would be better off with a more positive reset and slightly heavier SA trigger pull.

On HenningShop it states their #18 #20 #22 has a 2 oz variability in trigger weight and stock is #24. So math says #18 is 4 oz lighter than OEM.

I'm unsure about CGW firing pin spring used in this purpose. Seems like a high variability between the two I have. It could be minor differences in sear engagement area that has an effect. They are not visually identical on my guns with Titan hammers and one piece sear.