Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just did a trigger job on my first Limited Pro - questions

Stician

I just got a new Limited Pro 40 late last week. I'm waiting for a Henning XL firing pin, EGD light firing pin and hammer springs, Last Round Armament sear spring, and CGW trigger return and a firing pin spring repurposed for plunger. (Thanks to waktasz for the mod list)

I decided to take it apart, learn how it works And polish. And for fun I clipped two coils off oem hammer, plunger and mag release springs.

This Limited Pro came with one piece sear. I polished all the contact points and lubed with my favorite SlideGlide.

How does the reset look compared to others? Is there room to make the DA take up shorter? How about the little bit of creep in SA and reset? I figure the creep is from lifting the firing pin block.

Otherwise at 41 oz this is a 40 minor cheater gun and a stunner to look at.

Tanfoglio Limited Pro reset: https://youtu.be/MfmGjgudxak

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I plan on fitting my stock 2 and 3's with CGW discos this week, I think it is worth it but agree that I won't notice it when the buzzer goes off.

based on how short the SA pull is in this video I think it is worth it

I'm not sure but I will report back when my Lyman gauge shows up. By my fingers I'm going to guess 7.5/3.5. I should have waited for the gauge and did a baseline factory pull but working on it. The main test will be what the combination of 4 new springs will be.

What do you think you can get it down to with the new springs?

I think somewhere around 2.5 lb mark. I know a local GM with a Stock II using same springs but with an added Xtreme hammer and CGW disco getting SA at 2 lbs. I would prefer 2.5 lbs since my limited 2011 gun is 2.5 lbs.

If you're using the factory hammer, expect a longer SA trigger pull. The OE hammer has longer hammer hooks compared to the delta or Titan hammers. In turn the sear needs to drag along those longer hooks. You may even get some creep from it.

My Titan hammer breaks very crisp from the sear.

Lyman gauge reads 8 lb 1 oz in DA and 4 lb SA. Looking forward to spring kit coming in.

Dropped in CGW trigger return spring and firing pin spring repurposed for plunger spring.

DA is 7 lb 3.5 oz and SA is 3 lb 3.5 oz

Last Round Armament dropped the ball. Took them 4 biz days to email about missing Wolff recoil spring and didn't respond again for the past day after offering to ship the other parts separately. Yikes!

Is it possible to get down to a 5lb DA and 3lb SA? That's what I have as a goal for my (soon to be delivered) Stock III

Right now my SP-01 is at 4lb DA and 3lb SA.

That sounds odd.

What hammer are you running?

• 2 weeks later...

Lyman gauge reads 8 lb 1 oz in DA and 4 lb SA. Looking forward to spring kit coming in.

Dropped in CGW trigger return spring and firing pin spring repurposed for plunger spring.

DA is 7 lb 3.5 oz and SA is 3 lb 3.5 oz

Last Round Armament dropped the ball. Took them 4 biz days to email about missing Wolff recoil spring and didn't respond again for the past day after offering to ship the other parts separately. Yikes!

Dropped in EGD light hammer spring, LRA light sear spring, Henning XL firing pin and EGD light firing pin spring.

6 lb 7 oz in DA and 2 lb 14 oz in SA

So just recap all the incremental parts:

CGW trigger return spring

CGW firing pin spring used in plunger

EGD light hammer spring

EGD light firing pin spring

LRA light sear spring

Clipped one coil off mag release spring

Polish moving parts

6 lb 7 oz and 2 lb 14 oz

Edited by Stician