Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope Mount Hole Location/Dimensions

RGC

Anyone have the STI/SVI and Tanfoglio hole locational dimensions?

Namely the programmable distance from center from hole to hole?

I will contact the mfr's directly but thought I'd throw out the question here firstly.

Rob

Well the standard C-more 3 hole is .750" center to center, so the 5 hole that we all commonly use on STI/SVI is .375" from center to center, if that is what you are asking?

Matt Cheely posted a drawing with all the frame dimensions on here somewhere but I can't find it!

When I drill and tap a STI frame for a C-More I either start .635 from the front of the standard length dust cover to the center of the front hole or .500 from the center of the the slide stop hole to the center of the rear mount hole. I put them .135 down from the edge of the dust cover, straight. No 1 deg. slope. Haven't done that since the old Aimpoint mounts.

Edited by jpl

• 3 weeks later...

The barrel is only parallel to the slide when the action is open. In battery the barrel is tilted down 1 degree, higher at the chamber, lower at the muzzle. Sights need to be parallel to the barrel. Iron sights have a higher rear and a low front and the slide is lower at the front too. A scope mounted parallel to the slide rails will run out of down elevation before the gun is sighted in. Therefore, the scope needs to be mounted at 1 degree down to the front to be parallel to the barrel when the gun fires. One degree at 25 yards is 15.7 inches.