Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C - More not bright enough

ToddKS

I just purchased a 4 MOA C - More RW. This is not the click version. Even on its highest setting the dot is not as bright as I would like in full sun conditions. My question is would going to a 6 or 8 MOA diode module potentially solve this problem? Any feedback would be appreciated before I spend the money on a new diode.

The larger dots would look brighter.

If you haven't tried a fresh battery, I would check that first.

Every cmore I've used was more than bright enough even in the brightest conditions with a fresh battery.

Yeah, like it was said, check the battery first. It's very easy to leave them on, even a small amount, and the battery will wear down. The big dots do look a little brighter but not much. I have/had everything from 4MOA to 16MOA and the larger dots will look a tad brighter but not like a whole new world or something. You might want to also take out the diode module and make sure it's clean and seated all the way in. Let us know how it goes...

There are sometimes large variations in brightness between the diodes. If the sight is new, complain and ask for another diode. If it is a used one - buy a new diode. They lose brightness with time.

Agreed, i have several and some of the dot modules of the same size are obviously brighter in the same sight with the same batteries.

Also, try using two 357 batteries instead of the 1/3N battery. Two 357 batteries have a little higher voltage output (3.1Vdc vs. 3.0Vdc) and are noticeably brighter when they are new. The Vdc difference isn't enough to damage the circuit or led dot module.

Hello: I have problems seeing the small 4MOA dots also in bright sunlight. I use 6,8, 12 and 16MOA dots modules for different gun games. You can tape off the back side of the glass if the sun is low in the sky so you can see the dot better. I have done this in early mourning shoots. Works great and less filling :goof: Thanks, Eric

You can tape off the back side of the glass if the sun is low in the sky so you can see the dot better. I have done this in early mourning shoots. Works great and less filling :goof: Thanks, Eric

Please explain. Are you using black tape? Are you looking at the dot with your dominate eye and the target with the other eye? Or are you getting in an early April Fools joke on us?

I'm clueless.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I really appreciate the feedback.

I did not have a chance to get into this last night but I hopefully will in the next day or two. I am going to start with the batteries and see what that does.

I may order the 8 MOA diode as well just to see if I like the bigger dot better.

Flatland I've done this trick as well when I was last shooter on a late stage with the sun setting in my face. I use black electrical tape on the muzzle end of the lens. The good news is you will see the dot. The bad news is if you do not have total target focus you will not see the target well at all. This is actually a good training tool to practice target focus in either dry or live fire. With both eyes open and looking at the target the dot will still superimpose on the target. If you look at the dot..... you will know it right away.

Hello: I tape it off with any tape I have in my bag. I actually have a circle that is cut to fit inside the glass. If you shoot with both eyes open and you are focused on the target the dot will be there. I have shot actual matches this way to get me to be more target focused instead of dot focused. It also works great as I stated when the sun is just in the wrong spot. Thanks, Eric

Cleaning the light hole (very carefully) helped a great deal on my open gun. It's amazing how much stuff gets thrown that far back. Also, check the date of manufacture on any batteries you buy, I have been burned on that one a few times.