Barrel Profile:

right hand twist; hexagonal

Standard Trigger Pull:

~5.5 lbs

Muzzle Velocity*:

1116 fps

Muzzle Energy*:

339 fps

What is the draw of a single stack 9mm glock that only holds 6 rounds?

if i can fit it in a blazer pocket like a S&W bodyguard, I'd rather have 9mm than .380?

It does seem like a answer looking for a problem, but people are really excited about it so Glock will make money.

Now people will begin to again clamor for a full sized single stack 45acp glock.

I guess I should clarify by asking what is the draw of a single stack 9mm Glock that only holds 6 rounds to competition shooters on a competition shooting forum?

Some of us are also interested in self defense? Maybe it fits the IDPA BUG rules. Also, some of us just like guns.

SPECS G43 G42 G26

Length 6.26" 5.94" 6.41"

Width 1.02" .94" 1.18"

Height Including Magazine 4.25" 4.13" 4.17"

Barrel Length 3.39" 3.25" 3.42"

Length of Twist 9.84" 9.84" 9.84"

Trigger Travel 0.49" .49" .49"

Line of Sight 5.20" 4.92" 5.39"

Pistol Weight w/o Magazine 16.19 oz 13.76 oz 21.71 oz

if i can fit it in a blazer pocket like a S&W bodyguard, I'd rather have 9mm than .380?

It does seem like a answer looking for a problem, but people are really excited about it so Glock will make money.

Now people will begin to again clamor for a full sized single stack 45acp glock.

I think that might be the issue, is that it won't fit in your jacket pocket. I think (I obviously haven't played with one yet to know for sure) it is going to be too big. I mean, it's bigger than the 42 which is already (in my opinion) on the very verge of being too big to pocket carry. But, I might end up getting one anyway. Or somebody's 42 that they are unloading for cheap :devil:

I call it Buffett carry. When it is over 100° and 110% humidity, the de rigueur uniform is flip flops, shorts, minimal shirt, and (for me)a 9mm in the pocket. The DB9 has been good up to this point but the QC is supposedly a little sketchy according to the webs. (Mine is fine, though.)

I guess I should clarify by asking what is the draw of a single stack 9mm Glock that only holds 6 rounds to competition shooters on a competition shooting forum?

Since you do not see the need to carry a small 9mm pistol does not mean everyone feels that way?

I have a 42 and have no interest in the 43. The 42 is NOT a front pocket carry gun so don't expect the 43 to be either. The 42 shoots so flat and soft and as others have said its an absolute tack driver. If I need more firepower then my G27 is my go to carry. The 43 just doesn't get me excited but I can see how many will like it.

GSSF. If I get an early blue label then I will shoot it in April's match.

Yep... Pocket Glock. I'd rather lose 9mm brass than .380... and I can probably shoot it better.

I pre ordered one, should be in the first shipment.

The 42 is NOT a front pocket carry gun so don't expect the 43 to be either.

That is your opinion.

I can put a G17 in the front pocket of my shorts, 511s, Proppers, and Duluth Ballroom jeans. Prints bad, though.

If I can pocket carry an LC9, I don't see much problem with a G43.

Edited by aceinyerface

The 42 is NOT a front pocket carry gun so don't expect the 43 to be either.

That is your opinion.

I can put a G17 in the front pocket of my shorts, 511s, Proppers, and Duluth Ballroom jeans. Prints bad, though.

If I can pocket carry an LC9, I don't see much problem with a G43.

Yeah, well I can fit a g34 in my front pocket, and my wife blushes every time I do!

:)

I picked up a Ruger LC9s at the end of last year. It has a sweet trigger and is a tack driver for a little gun. Hickok loves it:) -->

Hickok45's review of the G42 left me unimpressed with the G42. He seemed to be unimpressed with it too. The side by side comparisons he did with the Kahr and Ruger really show why the Glock is not a pocket pistol.

Since you do not see the need to carry a small 9mm pistol does not mean everyone feels that way?

Not what I was getting at. There are plenty of places to discuss carry needs and the guns best suited to carry. Isn't this a place to talk competitions? Or are we gonna go for a pocket carry division now that Glock and Taurus have new offerings?

Not what I was getting at. There are plenty of places to discuss carry needs and the guns best suited to carry. Isn't this a place to talk competitions? Or are we gonna go for a pocket carry division now that Glock and Taurus have new offerings?

Would it make you feel better if we talked about how this gun will dominate gssf against the g36 and g42

I hope they make 7,,8,9,10 rnd mags or +1 +2 mag extensions at the very least for a backup mag the xds 9mm now has 7,8,9 round mags for the win!

Edited by Smeeg

• 2 weeks later...

It is the glock subforum. It is the only thing new and exciting from glock this year.

Have you seen a glock? Let us have our fun any way we can have it!

The Glock 40 is also exciting. Although it does have a Glock barrel, which is less than bueno for its caliber with the generous chamber.