Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

c-more alignment question

sbaker5

I bought a new mount for my sti open gun. It had a 90 degree mount but I wanted the traditional one. When I mounted it and the scope I noticed it was not oriented in line with the slide axis, long ways. Meaning it is slightly offset to the left when taking aim. Is this normal or do I need a different mount?

I bought a new mount for my sti open gun. It had a 90 degree mount but I wanted the traditional one. When I mounted it and the scope I noticed it was not oriented in line with the slide axis, long ways. Meaning it is slightly offset to the left when taking aim. Is this normal or do I need a different mount?

I would say you bought an offset mount. They help with ejection and you don't notice it when shooting.

it was not oriented in line with the slide axis, long ways. Meaning it is slightly offset to the left

Sorry, I"m not sure what that means, exactly?

Do you mean you can't adjust the sight to not hit left? :cheers:

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

Completely normal and a good thing to help with ejection. My best advise is to zero the verticle zero where ever is your preference but do the horizontal at 50 yards or so and the offset will never be a issue. I did the same thing went from a sideways mount back to a cheely offset traditional mount and won't ever go back to sideways.

Thanks DRichardson. To be clear from the other questions. I have plenty of adjustment on the cmore optic itself. The cmore and mount are perfectly aligned but when I attach the mount and scope on the pistol the scope/mount longitudinal axis isn't directly over the slide/barrel axis. I was just concerned as it looks odd. I will zero tomorrow and shoot and a round and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the great advice.

• 3 weeks later...

The latest Akai and Briley Open guns to arrive at our range with vertically mounted C-Mores all seem to have the rear of the scope arranged to the left of the axis of the bore. Many of the photos in the Classifieds from the perspective of the rear of the gun will also show this pattern.