Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

apeiro vs DVC

3djedi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good reasons! Although the apeiro has the sight tracker and the slide has been cut so it's probably as light and fast cycling as the DVC would be.

Seems like the Edge, Executive, etc. might become obsolete or maybe the prices reduced.

I played with a NIB Apeiro at the local gun store this week. The finish looked good, the slide to frame fit was slick. But the trigger and ambi safety felt like a 3rd grader fit them. They were terrible for a 2400 dollar gun..

I played with a NIB Apeiro at the local gun store this week. The finish looked good, the slide to frame fit was slick. But the trigger and ambi safety felt like a 3rd grader fit them. They were terrible for a 2400 dollar gun..

Probably everything feels pretty crappy compared to an Infinity! lol

Do any of your infinity's have the sight tracker thing?

Yes. My Limited gun is a 5.4 Sight Tracker and I have another fancier version on the way...

I have the Aperio, mine has a SV tri glide trigger system installed by Benny Hill here in Texas, it is a very crisp 1.75# pull. I like the DVC but I can have my barrel TiN Coated, maybe the grip safety and hammer as well.

I am sure whatever you settle on will make you happy.

Ken

:cheers:

post-37223-0-60331500-1425827994_thumb.j

Having shot Ken's gun, i can say it has one of the best triggers i ever felt which includes several infinities, and beats the heck of my zev glock trigger ;)

I personally like the looks of the Apeiro better since i preffer clean lines, but DVC seems more vslue for the money at the moment (at least on paper). Looking forward to some real world reviews from shooters on this forum.

When my Apeiro came in the trigger was the only thing I didn't like about it. I stripped it down and in 30 min or so had a decent trigger. I'll quantify my definition of decent by saying I've only been competiting for a year.

Yes. My Limited gun is a 5.4 Sight Tracker and I have another fancier version on the way...

So then it's true what my buddy Rags said.. "Once you get an SV, they got you for 30k easy." Maybe next year will be my journey into the world of SV.

Between the two, I'd probably get the DVC. Just seems to be the better value for what you get, IMO.

So then it's true what my buddy Rags said.. "Once you get an SV, they got you for 30k easy." Maybe next year will be my journey into the world of SV.

Between the two, I'd probably get the DVC. Just seems to be the better value for what you get, IMO.

Way off topic....but your comment got me to thinking of how many Infinity pistols I've had.....

2008 was the first one:

5" Widebody 40, short dust cover, bushing barrel. (this one was the hook)

5" Single stack 40

6" Limited gun

4.5" 9mm Sight Tracker carry gun

5" Single Stack 45, duty gun

5.4" Sight Tracker (Current limited gun)

5.4" Sight tracker (in process)

And I've bought two used ones over the years, an Open Gun and a Widebody 9mm.

I don't want to know how much those cost me. And FWIW, I only own three right now, one of which is being built.

Way off topic....but your comment got me to thinking of how many Infinity pistols I've had.....

2008 was the first one:

5" Widebody 40, short dust cover, bushing barrel. (this one was the hook)

5" Single stack 40

6" Limited gun

4.5" 9mm Sight Tracker carry gun

5" Single Stack 45, duty gun

5.4" Sight Tracker (Current limited gun)

5.4" Sight tracker (in process)

And I've bought two used ones over the years, an Open Gun and a Widebody 9mm.

I don't want to know how much those cost me. And FWIW, I only own three right now, one of which is being built.

Which one was/is your favorite?

The 4.5" 9mm was my favorite of yours to date. Well, the single stack .45 probably ties, but only because of the grips.

Edit: OP, sorry to drift this thread.

Edited by v1911

The 4.5" 9mm was my favorite of yours to date. Well, the single stack .45 probably ties, but only because of the grips.

Edit: OP, sorry to drift this thread.

Not a problem.... Love to hear this stuff

The 4.5 9mm ST was probably the coolest and most fun to shoot. My current 5.4 ST is my favorite limited gun and I think you will really like the one being built. It's all stainless duo tone, diamond serrations with a Ranger badge in the aggressive micro pocket grip.

My single stack 45 is pretty special too though because it has Jakes name and DOB for the serial number.

The 4.5 9mm ST was probably the coolest and most fun to shoot. My current 5.4 ST is my favorite limited gun and I think you will really like the one being built. It's all stainless duo tone, diamond serrations with a Ranger badge in the aggressive micro pocket grip.

My single stack 45 is pretty special too though because it has Jakes name and DOB for the serial number.

Ranger badge in the micro pockets? That is going to be awesome! I love cnc! I can't wait to see it. You need a serial # like 1Riot1Ranger or something:) Edited by bmiller

Ranger badge in the micro pockets? That is going to be awesome! I love cnc! I can't wait to see it. You need a serial # like 1Riot1Ranger or something:)

It will look like this one....

IMG_0024_zpsym9nyqa1.jpg

Just my opinion, but Apiero= edge with ribbed barrel and weird serrations.

DVC= semi custom hard chromed, better TiN parts, probably fitted much better.

After owning a Barsto, and an edge factory gun, and spending what I had to make them "right", I would just build a custom sight tracker from your favorite builder for under $3k and get exactly what you want the first time, or wait til someone is selling their used one at a reasonable price like this: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2015/post-3560-0-45493200-1425932774.jpg

Edited by 818-DVC