Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

apeiro vs DVC

3djedi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had my way I would have the DVC with an Aperio barrel and a tactical rail for a light.... if only I knew how to make that happen......

Find 15 other people to buy them and put an order in with STI.

If I had my way I would have the DVC with an Aperio barrel and a tactical rail for a light.... if only I knew how to make that happen......

Find 15 other people to buy them and put an order in with STI.
I doubt they would take the order. They can't get barrels to even build apeiros!

Dustin, do you know a competent gunsmith that might be able to machine the slide and make that barrel fit?

Dustin, do you know a competent gunsmith that might be able to machine the slide and make that barrel fit?

He knows a whole company. LOL

I work at STI. Are you asking to have a regular DVC cut like this? The way we designed the DVC it will not work. The cuts in the top of the slide have removed to much material. The slide would definitely crack if you tried.

I doubt that it will crack with the DVC style cuts. Look at the material and cuts on my gun. Seems like the DVC has a lot more meat on it than mine, and my slots/serrations are much closer to the island cut. My gunsmith has done quite a few of these serrations with hybrid bbls and not 1 crack yet.post-20939-0-58575800-1426100385_thumb.jpost-20939-0-23785200-1426100367_thumb.jpost-20939-0-55332600-1426100350_thumb.j

Edited by 818-DVC

I doubt that it will crack with the DVC style cuts. Look at the material and cuts on my gun. Seems like the DVC has a lot more meat on it than mine, and my slots/serrations are much closer to the island cut. My gunsmith has done quite a few of these serrations with hybrid bbls and not 1 crack yet.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

The DVC has 2 ball cuts down the top of the slide. Its very thin at these cuts. If you were to cut the island out of it it would must likely be right at the edge of these cuts. I would be scared to chance it with my $2800 gun. If you look at the pic I posted above I did not have those cuts in my slide for a reason. I'm not sure how it would line up. I will take a look when I get a chance.

Just keep your meathooks working on the DVC's!!!..... No time to be tappin' on the keyboard! Lol

If you want a nice gun you should prolly rethink this statement! I'm no gunsmith I can promise you that! :cheers:

Lol..... Ok. Keep out of the shop then. ;)

keep you burgerhook off the bang switch until your peepers are on the hamburgler .......

No need for the tactical rail on mine. PM inbound
I'm with you, no need for a tactical rail, just the Apiero Barrel and DVC serrations and some slide lightening lol Dustin, can't you just sell me your gun lol. Edited by audani77

I forgot about the "radial flute" on the DVC. Sorry about that. Was thinking Apiero slide and not DVC. That's what happens when I play on the internets while working instead of focusing on the job at hand! Screwed up my job too! I'm done til I'm off!