Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev Tech "Ultimate" Trigger-Legal For Production?

dart368

It is their "Ultimate" trigger for $250, model number: FUL-ULT-9-B-R with the red trigger safety tip. I have a chance to get one half priced but want to make sure it is production leagal. Thanks.

post-17691-0-96621100-1425524270_thumb.j

The trigger itself is an externally visible part, and Zev machines their own out of aluminum. It's not legal for Production.

So is it because it is externally visible and/or made out of aluminum?

They (ZEV) do however, make ones with the Glock trigger and trigger safety to maintain the looks of a stock Glock.

Is it because it doesn't have a "Glock Trigger And Trigger Safety"?

The zev ultimate basic is production and ssp legal.

Is there a difference between the "Ultimate" and the "Ultimate Basic"? I didn't see the "Basic" model on their website.

In my opinion, none of the Zev trigger bars are Production legal.

The issue is that it's an externally visible modification.

If you can look at it next to a stock one and see a difference, it's not legal.

The trigger itself is an externally visible part, and Zev machines their own out of aluminum. It's not legal for Production.

Yes.

Production, you are not allowed to modify externally visible parts except for a very small list (that does not include the trigger). Because Zev manufactures the trigger, that means using Zev's trigger is an external modification, and not legal for Production. If they made their own out of plastic, that would still be the case.

Here's the one I have in my G17. It uses a factory trigger/safety pad.

http://zevtechnologies.com/Products/Trigger-Kits/ZEV-Standard-Trigger-Ultimate-Kit-1st-3rd-Gen-9mm_2.html

Factory safety and factory-style safety are not the same thing. I would want to be super clear on what I was getting.

Yes.

Production, you are not allowed to modify externally visible parts except for a very small list (that does not include the trigger). Because Zev manufactures the trigger, that means using Zev's trigger is an external modification, and not legal for Production. If they made their own out of plastic, that would still be the case.

http://zevtechnologies.com/Products/Trigger-Kits/ZEV-Standard-Trigger-Ultimate-Kit-1st-3rd-Gen-9mm_2.html

Factory safety and factory-style safety are not the same thing. I would want to be super clear on what I was getting.

I doubt ZEV would waste their time making those POS triggers. They probably buy them from GLock like a lot of other parts they use...

Yes.

It's a factory trigger bar that's been polished. So, there is no "external modification".

I've used that pistol at 2 area matches and 1 sectional match, so it's been checked 3 times with no issue.

I agree that you need to be sure, as some of their triggers would not be production legal.

Show me a picture of the right side of the Glock factory trigger and the right side of the zev trigger.

Edit.

I'll save you the trouble. You're telling me this isn't externally visible?

4dhpJXd.jpg

Edited by spanky

The other part that sucks in Glock-land is when you start making pre-travel adjustments to the trigger that involve where the trigger safety naturally sits, that also, if I remember correctly, counts as an external modification. I can tell from spanky's photo that #2 is clearly different from #1, but even if you took a factory trigger and altered the safety, man, I'd have a tough time without some graph paper and a white-gloved sergeant-major.

I know it sucks, but it's about the best way I know to deal with it. I deal with the same thing with my various Apex triggers for M&Ps.

This is the trigger I use that is billed as production and ssp legal. It does use a stock glock trigger and safety

http://zevtechnologies.com/Products/Trigger-Kits/ZEV-Standard-Trigger-Ultimate-Kit-4th-Gen-9mm_2.html

It's is not a fulcrum or any other zev trigger.

The picture in the link you posted is exactly the same as the comparison picture I posted.

Again, does that not look externally visible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: English.

Edited by spanky

This is the trigger I use that is billed as production and ssp legal. It does use a stock glock trigger and safety

http://zevtechnologies.com/Products/Trigger-Kits/ZEV-Standard-Trigger-Ultimate-Kit-4th-Gen-9mm_2.html

The picture in the link you posted is exactly the same as the comparison picture I posted.

The trigger is externally visible, but is a stock glock part (trigger with trigger bar) that has been polished. What am I missing here that you are taking issue with?

I'll shoot a photo tomorrow of a bone stock glock vs the one that has the trigger under debate.

I should mention that I no longer have a dog in the fight as I've since switched to a CZ for production. But, I always find these debates interesting as they point of the shortcomings of production rules and never fail to start heated debates.

The trigger is externally visible, but is a stock glock part (trigger with trigger bar) that has been polished. What am I missing here that you are taking issue with?

I'll shoot a photo tomorrow of a bone stock glock vs the one that has the trigger under debate.

I should mention that I no longer have a dog in the fight as I've since switched to a CZ for production. But, I always find these debates interesting as they point of the shortcomings of production rules and never fail to start heated debates.

Did you see the picture I posted?

The top one came straight from their website as linked by members here as legal.

Edited by spanky

You can try contacting Zev directly concerning their Production Legal trigger.

I can't find his post but Yar (Ray W) basically said they got the OK from Amidon years ago.

IIRC Glock actually has that extra pin in earlier iterations of their stock trigger. That's why Amidon approved it.

You can try contacting Zev directly concerning their Production Legal trigger.

I can't find his post but Yar (Ray W) basically said they got the OK from Amidon years ago.

IIRC Glock actually has that extra pin in earlier iterations of their stock trigger. That's why Amidon approved it.

OK -- but unless John's the RM, the final call rests with the RM at whatever match the trigger is used in......

That's taking a risk as a competitor.....

OMG. More USPSA BS.

So the NROI Director doesn't have the say on what's legal or not?

He is not saying that. He is saying that since there was no offcial ruling on it and published, if you are at a match and your trigger comes into question, the match RM would make the decision at that time. There is no BS, it's just how you make decisions on rules. Isn't this the same as in a court? If a judge told you something but did not rule on it, there is no precedent to base a decision on so another judge makes a decision based on their knowledge of the situation. Edited by gng4life

Exactly right, Trace.

I sent these pictures to Amidon years ago. I don't remember his answer but it was questionable.

I was also told by Ray that Amidon gave them the okay.I don't think it's worth the risk.

It's externally visible. Period. If you say otherwise then you're simply blind or in denial.

And no, it doesn't matter what DNROI's opinion is unless it's voted upon and published.

Edited by spanky