Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Basepads - Dawson or TTI for Glock 35?

fp45liberator

Neither. Arredondo. They're cheaper, they work, and they don't get all dinged up when dropped on rocks and concrete.

But these don't work with magwells I have tried.

Strange. What magwell are you using? I've used Dawsons and they work fine.

• 1 month later...

An update since I added a Zev magwell. My Dawson pads seem to hang up on the magwell. They do not drop free like my TTI ones. I can not comment on other magwell designs.

anyone else having issues, or success, with the zev magwell and dawson base bads combo, i just got one dawson in a few minutes ago (first of 4 coming) and found that when i try to insert the mag into my Glock 35 with the heavy SS Zev magwell if i dont give it a hard slap it may not fully lock into place, i want to know that the mag will lock in every time. As much as i dont want to i am kinda tempted to lightly hit the front part of the mag well with a dremmel where the contact point seems to be... unless anyone has a better idea

edit****

ok i just decided to say screw it and dremmeled the front inner ramp of the zev mag well, it works perfect now... a few tips if you are going to do this:

1: with the gun fully assembled color the front inner ramp (or where ever the contact area is) with a black (if SS magwell) sharpie. Then inster the mag a few times and twist/rotate it around a few times, then pull the mag, this will show you where it is rubbing

2. I recommend removing the slide before sanding/polishing so you dont get stuff down in the slide. Go slow.

3. When you are checking to see if you removed enough put the slide BACK ON first. I didnt i just left the slide off the whole time. Not really a problem but i ended up taking a tiny bit more than i needed off. Again not going to cause an issue, you just have a bit more clearance, but i could have stopped a little before.

4. The cylindrical sanding wheels work great, then finish it off with a stone polishing wheel, ends up looking great.

Edited by evilbeef54

• 2 weeks later...

Arredondo's with Dawson and JP Enterprises magwells....no issues. Have had them now over 6 years and only had 1 crack when dropped this past year...20 rounds reloadable with standard glock mag's and +10% mag springs....

That being said...have a set of TTI's for my new G43 on order...if they work out well, I'll probably be putting in an order for my G35....

Z-

• 4 months later...