Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mech Tech Carbine vs Just Right Carbine ?s

igolfat8

I am seriously considering the purchase of either a Mech Tech carbine or a Just Right carbine for local 3 gun. We shoot 8" x 1/2" steel plates at 75 - 100 yards. Most members shoot ARs but there are a few High Points and other odds and ends that show up. I just don't see an AR in my immediate future and since I have lots of .40 Glock mags on hand and reloading supplies that tips the scales in favor of a carbine for these games, for me.

Have any of you any input to share on either or both of these carbines? I have watched several YouTube videos and have yet to find any reliability issues with the Mech Tech but have seen a couple FTF and FTE on the Just Right, though these could have been older models?

I purchased a 9MM Just Right Carbine last month. I have only shot out to 50 yards. I took it out of the box and immediately went to the range. I put at least 200 rounds through it on the first visit. The manual recommend a cleaning every 200 rounds or so. In a pistol carbine match a week later, I ran some minor PF 9 mm through it and I had a couple of FTE, but that was during my testing period before cleaning. I added a 15 inch NC FF handguard and a Centerpoint Tactical RDS.....I am happy with the gun.

Here is the stage video:

I caught a leg cramp in my calf immediately after loading the mag......

+1 for the gmr

Mine is setup similar to my 223 (just a little shorter) so that makes it a great practice rifle.

It's a bunch more money but if you were to add the cost a ff tube and good trigger it might be closer than you think.

Unless I am overlooking something it looks like the gmr is only available in 9mm. I would rather stay with .40 S&W since it would share commonality with my mags and reloading supplies..

You are correct 9mm only, which is a shame. But you should have something in 9mm, just cause. ;) Plus 9 is cheaper and easier to reload than 40 (I push all my 40 pick cases through a GRX die).

I had a 9mm Mechtech... Never had any issues with ftf or fte.... It ran beautifully... But it was very nose heavy and had spring vibrations from the recoil spring that I could not deal with. I just built a 9mm AR with Glock mags (DDLES) I have not shot it yet but I already know I will like it better ...

I had the first model of the JR and had feeding problems. It also did not take down like an AR at all. You had to remove 4-5 tiny allen head bolts as well as a screw holding the bolt catch on.

I sold it and got the Lone Wolf carbine and did some parts swapping and couldn't be happier. Normal AR functions, runs 100%, looks much better.