Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oakley Shooting Glasses

dpollard

I've got a credit with an Oakley dealer that I plan to use toward a pair of Oakley shooting glasses. Upon looking at their website I was quickly overwhelmed by the amount of choices. Almost too many to make a decision. Is there a model in the Oakley line that is more conducive to shooting than others? I live in Idaho, desert climate, mostly sunny during the summer. Right now I am looking at the pair below but I am open to suggestions:

http://www.oakley.com/en/mens/sunglasses/sport-sunglasses/prizm-radarlock/product/W0OO9181PZ?variant=888392075925&fit=GLOBAL&lensShape=STANDARD

In addition to the lenses in the picture they come with a clear set, which I thought would be good for overcast days.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pair of half jackets. They fit my face well and look OK on the street IMO. I was set to get the Prizm until I realised they didn't make it for them. I'd go with the Flack Jackets. As they are next best for my face. Followed by the radar but as shooting only, not as big a fan of the "style" of them for every day.

I have a pair of half jackets. They fit my face well and look OK on the street IMO. I was set to get the Prizm until I realised they didn't make it for them. I'd go with the Flack Jackets. As they are next best for my face. Followed by the radar but as shooting only, not as big a fan of the "style" of them for every day.

+1 on half jackets. been using them for years...

I shoot with the ballistic m frames 2.0 array. they come with clear, gray and what they call VR28 lenses. They are very easy to change out and provide excellent eye protection for shooting. I wear half jackets for everything else.

I got a pair of flak jacket xlj for Valentine's day with the prism lenses. Worked great since I had lasik surgery the day before. Been wearing the prism lenses ever since, including the last two days while on patrol. Definitely makes some colors pop

Oakley is releasing a new shooting specific model soon. It's called the "tombstone" looks pretty nice.

The lens change out on those is slick! Makes me wonder why Oakley didn't tell me about those yesterday. I specifically asked if they had a shooting specific pair.

Any idea on a release date and MSRP?

Oakley is releasing a new shooting specific model soon. It's called the "tombstone" looks pretty nice.

The lens change out on those is slick! Makes me wonder why Oakley didn't tell me about those yesterday. I specifically asked if they had a shooting specific pair.

Any idea on a release date and MSRP?

Supposedly spring 2015 and MSRP is $180 for glasses and one lense

M Frames and their off-shoots are nice but the Tombstones really address the issue with the frame at the top causing problems. I usually see this when shooting prone under barricades or rifle. I'll be buying a set when they first come out and I currently have two pair of M frames i use.

can you please expand on the 'issue with the frame at the top?' my deal with impact-resistant glasses is they're just too tight against my head (all corners of the lenses/frame). I realize that reduces the chance of stuff getting in or to my eyes, but I fog up tremendously and then can see nothing which doesn't help my scores all that much. would be awesome to find a pair that had more of a sunglasses - looser fit and thus had some airflow.