Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Area 4 Championship

Hi Folks,

Match applications for the 2005 Area 4 Championship are now available online at www.uspsa4.org and www.texaseastsection.org. Also posted is the squad matrix, match agenda, match motel info and match staff applications.

Certain squad selections are sure to fill up fast so get your application in quick.

See you there,

Wayne

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow 14 stages in 2 days? now THATS awesome

definitely goin to this one

I agree. I really like the format this year. More time shooting and less time sitting around. The Sunday morning awards/prize table is awesome. Get it done early so people can get home. :)

Just no 50yd standards this year please :lol:

• 1 month later...

Well at a quick glance.....

This match has several "standards" ;)

That damn GATE showed up just like we thought when we saw it the first time at the East TX section !!! :wacko:

Looking forward to it, just need to work on getting over the gate a little better this time !!!!!

Format is MUCH better this year than last !!!!! (thanks Wayne)

Can't wait to get my A$$ waxed by Jerry M, Ruddy W, and a few others but hell if it wasn't getting waxed what is the USE of going???? :blink::blink::blink:

HOP

Well guys since you KNOW there will be 50 yard shots at this match....there is absolutely no reason you can't smoke that stage because you have months to practice shooting at 50 yards. Nothing to worry about. ;)

I was planing on going to A7 but looking at these stages I might change my mind.....gonna have to see what A7 comes up with in terms of stages and competition.

Jake,

I'm not sure what Rochester will come up with, but judging from the last A7, the stages will be amazing. Looks like Max and Travis plan on A4, not sure what Chris, JJ, etc will do. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either match. I'll be shooting A4 on Friday, traveling on Saturday and then shoot A7 on Sunday morning.

Jeeper (if you are out there)

You and the crew goin' this year? Be great to shoot together again!

No Lim-10 for me this year. Limited sounds more fun.

JB

I hate to say but I dont think I am going to be there this year. I am going to be moving back to the motherland (Arizona! :D ) at the end of May. No more Texas or humidity for me, just steel on tuesdays!

Keith

Damn Jeeper !!!! You have to tell all my secrets :lol::lol: I was going to be 30 seconds ahead of the rest of the group because of MY Leaping ability !!! :blink::wacko:;)

Good Luck back in AZ I was looking forward to shooting with you again.

Hopalong

Going to be hard for me to consider the Area 4 this time, nothings perfect but dang. Are USPSA rules going to be adheared to this year? Is the match going to continue the tradition of having DQ and 180 traps? Someone figured up the percentage of DQ's at Area 4's the last few years and it was much higher than other area matches. Does that make for a good match? Last year there was DQ's for sweeping that were overturned and the shooters reinstated, a first in USPSA history as I know it. Others that were DQ'd for the same thing found out after they got home, too late for them. Other DQ'd shooters were not reinstated. A senior RO was overuled in that incident and made a scapegoat from the looks of it, the stage was just dumb. Wonder how many Texas shooters are going? That stage was a complete DQ trap but the majority of shooters got thru it ok, of course they took the time penalty of doing it very carefully. Another stage with a long backward movement in it, rumor was the stage design was to entice a certain French shooter to show up, he didn't. Shooting in the pouring rain couldn't be helped but DQ trap stages get much tougher in those conditions. One stage was won because hits were awarded that were never fired by the shooter even though he told the RO he didn't engage the disapearing targets. Huge mud holes with skinny 2x4's to try and get accross, wet slick grass on a stage with nothing done to make it safer to run on. Way too many shoot thru's given that just happened to take advantage of the better weather conditions and then the same shooters seen hanging around. But the food is great and they are some good hardworking people down there.

looking forward to it, stages look interesting, last 50 yd qual. I did was at tenn.sectional last year, yes in the pouring down rain, it sucked at best :angry:

shooting fri morning and sat. afternoon, any alt. to match hotels close by?

see ya

Yeah. Oh boy. The Econolodge again.

Yes, there are MANY alternative hotels to this one within 5 minutes that blow the econolodge away.... do a quick search on a travel sight, using Bossier City... the Microtel and its neighbors comes to mind.

While I wasn't planning on really going anyhow - Stage 11 really makes me not want to go.

A stage like that bothers me because it is so quirky, and the match hinges on the luck of the draw. I remember discussing a similar stage with a great shooter LY at area4 and we both came to the conclusion that major matches shouldn't have such luck weighted stages. Of course I'm bitter because I lost 58 points to the match winner on LY's stage with similar props. :D

Stages 4,5,6 look to be all about the same with little excitement. I don't mind it - but really they could practically be the same stage with 6 different strings or something like that.

The standards look identical to LY, truthfully I'd like to shoot those over again. I sucked LY.

The rest of the stages truthfully look great. Aside from Stage 11 I think it'll be an incredible match.

JB

Well guys since you KNOW there will be 50 yard shots at this match....there is absolutely no reason you can't smoke that stage because you have months to practice shooting at 50 yards. Nothing to worry about. ;)

I was planing on going to A7 but looking at these stages I might change my mind.....gonna have to see what A7 comes up with in terms of stages and competition.

Jake.

It isn't the 50 yards. It is the par timed standards. If I am lucky I can get 2 rounds off after going down to one knee. And I am really close to not being able to get any rounds off after going prone.

I do think that this match has too many "standards" courses of fire, and back to back to back to back from the looks of things, but that is what I expect from Mr, Hicks.

Looks, like a fun match though, I know you can't win the match on the 50 yard standards, but I also hope that you can't lose it. I will do my best to get a total of 6 maybe 7 rounds off total between the 3 strings and just have fun from there.

I downloaded the stages for this years A4 match and I have a question about stage 12. Phil Terry is the designer. It shows a cattle gate. Am I supposed to open it or climb my big ass over it? :o It didn't say. But it's called lets get physical. Someone check it out and reply back.

Thanks

I downloaded the stages for this years A4 match and I have a question about stage 12.  Phil Terry is the designer.  It shows a cattle gate.  Am I supposed to open it or climb my big ass over it? :o  It didn't say.  But it's called lets get physical.  Someone check it out and reply back.

Thanks

They used that prop at the east texas section match and you had to climb over it.

At the East TX Sect., it was Climb over it, or back out atound a wall and run real fast.... most people elected to climb the gate instead of running around the long way. Climbing or jumping the fence was far faster (for most). If you hit it just right, at a run, put your foot on one of the lower rungs, you could kinda vault over it..... but missing your footing on your vault looked very painful though. :wacko:

Had an older shooter in my squad make it over the cattle gate just fine (he was really worried about it), only to blow out his knee zigging when he should have zagged on the treacherous muddy footing the very next stage. Cleats were/are mandatory there if it rains. :(