Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Latest Holster Rule

Joe D

I just got off the phone with IDPA headquarters. They stated that unless there is an excessive amount of gap/daylight evident in the belt tunnel the holster is legal. Who knows what excessive is?

They stated that MDs were not expected to get down on their knees to examine the belt tunnel.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, there have been problems in the past and now the present. They never fix anything, just compound them. This is an old problem of theirs. Well they said on the phone, I have this letter, I got this email, etc.

It's just all too funny :P:P:D:lol::wacko::wacko::wacko:

No wonder the lubs around here have stopped shooting IDPA and people are not renewing memberships.

Ya know, there have been problems in the past and now the present. They never fix anything, just compound them. This is an old problem of theirs. Well they said on the phone, I have this letter, I got this email, etc.

UNDERSTATEMENT ALERT! UNDERSTATEMENT ALERT!

WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP!

UNDERSTATEMENT ALERT!

I just got off the phone with IDPA headquarters. They stated that unless there is an excessive amount of gap/daylight evident in the belt tunnel the holster is legal. Who knows what excessive is?

They stated that MDs were not expected to get down on their knees to examine the belt tunnel.

let page 32 be your guide - in the absence of any concrete definitions.

Mark

Light tunnels? :o

After a few weeks to let these new rules sink in......they really dont seem so far fetched. Put another way we have (thread drift) :P speed limits.....but who dosent exceed them by a few miles an hour? I have come to believe these new rules are to curtail the OUTragous violators. 55 mph in a 30 mph zone.....not 32 in a 30...Even when i SO im still a shooter, and the hardest thing is to treat a competator fairly when he clearly is cheating the intent.

Without the light tunnel rule we would have to tollerate whatever a shooter chooses to wear :unsure:

That being said yes i have replaced 2 guns, and am in the process of replacing 3 holsters and mag pouches, But in the end i think it will improve the sport.. <_<

just my .02

Frederick Haring

I'll be buying a Glock 21 for CDP. My CDP gun is now 1.7 oz. too heavy.

I'll use the "CDP" gun to shoot ESP. Oh, I bought a Dillon 550 to shoot the 125pf.

I also modified a LEGAL Uncle Mike's paddle holster to the LIMIT of permissible specs. It looks down right racey.

My Safariland paddle is not functional without the 1/4" spacers. I hope I can sell it. Maybe I'll use it for concealed carry.

So much for preventing the equipment race.

The new "Enhanced" rules have cost me about $1,700.

The results, priceless.

I feel so warm and fuzzy about the intent. Let's hug.

Great, more stupidity. They shouldn't call this thing a rulebook. It's a suggestionbook. That answer makes it even more subjective than it was. Now I'm really afraid to put up money for a major I would stay over for. Getting dq'ed locally would be bad enough, what if some nitwit three states over decided his description of excessive gap differs from everyone elses? Not gonna be happy so maybe I won't bother. :angry:

Ted

Guess I will have to dig out my HQ email file again. It was kind of like my "Carry Orders" in the military.

I did ask HQ to post this "clarification" on their website or in the TJ.

I do get the feeling that the HQ bunch runs in a very small circle. Three ACs that I talked to said they had no input as to the new rule book. That did seem a bit strange to me as they are the ones that have direct contact with the members.

Guess I will have to have an assortment of holsters. One that is legal beyond a shadow of a doubt, the one that I have used for the last four years and a gamer holster.

The completely legal one is, of course, the one I would never CC. I would be shot 10 times before I could draw my weapon from it.

While we have always run 100% by-the-book at our club, I just don't see how that is going to be possible this year. If HQ is incapable or unwilling to clarify this garbage, we're going to have to do it ourselves one way or another.

What a joke.

- Gabe

CALM BLUE OCEAN, CALM BLUE OCEAN, CALM BLUE OCEAN

I spoke to Comp-Tac yesterday and even though his speed holster should meet the new rules, they think it is best to get through a couple of State level shoots before they says "buy this one and it will be in compliance".

No one knows what the hell is going on yet and one club to the next - I'm gonna melt down.