Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ sp01 shadow austrailian model

chad72

So, my question is why are these sought after? Excuse my ignorance but I am new to the cz. I just switched from the glock after a few years of competition.

Looks cool....which is really what a lot of this stuff comes down to.

I'm sure someone will say it gives a little extra velocity, but that should be negligible.

Edited by IceDevil

So since this barrel is available on another model, would it still be production legal on a shadow that did not come stock with an extended barrel? I know they lists some extended barrel shadows in the list of approved pistols.

Are they that hard to get?

haven't seen any in awhile.
ext barrels are available. so can make something look like one if yo wish

Are they that hard to get?

Not for us :)

CZ_x_2.jpg

Sorry.

You may like the barrel but you probably do not want our 10 round mag limit. Swings and roundabouts.

Front: standard Australian CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow dual tone

Back: Kadet barrel/slide on a Shadow frame

Edited by BMaus

Even rimfire/ .22 gets the 'extended' barrel? Nice collection!

The Shadow comes with a factory extended barrel and the Kadet gets extended here. It is more a shroud than a true barrel extension to meet the legal length.

Edited by BMaus

Even rimfire/ .22 gets the 'extended' barrel? Nice collection!

The Shadow comes with a factory extended barrel and the Kadet gets extended here. It is more a shroud than a true barrel extension to meet the legal length.

"shroud" -> Kadet OK, I was gearing up to trick out my Kadet pistol, LOL - you saved me some $$ :-)

I've got the Aussie barrel on my primary Accu and back up Accu.

That's because it makes me look way cooler when I'm throwing delta's and mike's.

As long as you look good while throwing Delta's and Mike's, and no hits, its all good. ;)

Edited by himurax13

Seriously though, I thought for just a few hundred more bucks for a gun I will use for many many years, why not get the slightly longer barrel to occasionally be slightly more accurate? In reality, i think without admitting it at the time, I talked myself into that when it just looked cooler. At my skill level a fractionally longer barrel will make no difference.

Edited by JGus

Seriously though, I thought for just a few hundred more bucks for a gun I will use for many many years, why not get the slightly longer barrel to occasionally be slightly more accurate? In reality, i think without admitting it at the time, I talked myself into that when it just looked cooler. At my skill level a fractionally longer barrel will make no difference.

I bought it for looks and to give me an extra 1 to 2 extra PF. ;)

Edited by himurax13

Can we order those barrels from the land down under? I would like a longer barrel for my Kadet Kit

you can do better than that. you can get aussie length 9mm barrels from CZ USA + CZC. The aussie kadet barrels are the normal barrel just with an extension added. No reason you couldn't get the same thing done by a smith in the US (that's how it's done in aus).

Can we order those barrels from the land down under? I would like a longer barrel for my Kadet Kit

you can do better than that. you can get aussie length 9mm barrels from CZ USA + CZC. The aussie kadet barrels are the normal barrel just with an extension added. No reason you couldn't get the same thing done by a smith in the US (that's how it's done in aus).

Ah, so its not really a longer barrel then?