Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Give me your thought on a ace skeleton stock.

kevinm

Pro's are that they are light, very strong, will take lots of abuse, and look kinda cool.

Con's is that depending on your shooting stance you might want a bit more cheek support/angle/spacing. The rubber butt pad in A2 and A2+ lengths its very grabby and it will drag your clothes around, and the A1 length configuration with just metal may or may not be unpleasant to you. With a heavier barrel, the balance might be a bit too forward.

I've been using one for years, but I've recently changed it out and moved it from my competition gun to my zombie apocalypse gun. The lack of cheek spacing is less important with a red dot then a scope and it balances better there.

As stated, the light weight can push the blance point forward and the cheek weild will be lower on your face - but its very comfortable and works well with typical 3-gun rifle tasks. Also I run offset irons so the lack of cheek riser works well for me to get the roll over needed.

You can run over an A2 stock and nothing happens. ACE will bend and then bind. Used to be real popular, never understood why. But if you insist, go for it. No real advantage to them. There's at least a dozen better stocks than that.

You can run over an A2 stock and nothing happens. ACE will bend and then bind. Used to be real popular, never understood why. But if you insist, go for it. No real advantage to them. There's at least a dozen better stocks than that.

what are some other good options?

I had an ACE stock on my rifle, it was a decent stock. It was fine when I used an Eotech. I moved to a Vortex Razor 1-6 scope and I had to use a chin weld versus a cheek weld.

I would recommend a LUTH-AR MBA stock, it is fully adjustable and light weight and it is not expensive. Retail price $139.95

A rifle stock is all about a repeatable cheek weld for accuracy and speed.

+1 for the Luth MBA. Very light weight, and inexpensive for the adjustability provided. I fought with getting lined up behind a scope quickly and consistently with a straight combed stock until I finally put a stock with an adjustable cheek riser on my gun, and I haven't looked back since.

What I like about the LUTH-AR MBA stock is the adjustability.

With a fix stock you can't fit the rifle to you, you can only set the eye relief of your scope by moving the scope mount.

With a fully adjustable stock you can fit the LOP, then set your eye relief of your scope and then adjust your cheek weld.

what are some other good options?

standard A2 from Brownells, VLTOR clubfoot, any standard stock from BCM-which includes LMT stocks, anything from Magpul-that's about a dozen there. There are other specialty companies.

I replaced my ACE with a MAGS EFX-A1 after I played with the one that comes on Stag's 3gun rifle and I really like it. It is far heavier, not PRS heavy buy heavier then A2. If you want a lighter versions, lancer makes CF version of it.

That said, last I checked the internet people like Jerry Miculek were still using an ACE stock so really, how terribad can it really be?

• 2 weeks later...