Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GEN 4 Guide Rods

deerassassin22

Well I'm looking to upgrade my factory recoil system for a Solid Guide Rod. So who has Gen 4 Guide Rods that will make weight for production. I'm looking to start running 147grn bullets and want to tune my recoil springs for Production Division.

4b7c346a56115859d0dd62ee16ba2fd5.jpg

Here you go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought one from another company that I thought was purpose built for a gen 4 17. I got it in the mail yesterday and it was a gen three with one of the adapter buttons included. I just ordered one from Jager. The other one will go in my Gen 3 Without and adapters. I hate when companies do that kind of crap!

Does anyone know the difference between the Gen 4 Jager rods for the 34/35 and 17/22

He lists separate parts. I ordered the steel rod for a 34, hoping there aren't any Production/SSP implications with that one. I sent an email but haven't heard back yet.

Edited by tonyxcom

The plastic/Delrin end plug for the Gen 4 34/35 is slightly different (bigger/longer) than the end plug for the Gen 4 17/22. Apparently, Glock machines the area where it inserts/rests in the 34/35 slide a little differently. I talked to Bill Lester at Jager a few years ago with exactly that question and that is the explanation he provided for the difference. As he told me, he made that Gen 4 end plug for the 34/35 a little bigger/longer because otherwise there wasn't enough tension to hold the guide rod in place while installing the slide on the gun. As Billy explained, after the slide is on the gun, the recoil spring should be compressed enough to hold the guide rod in place regardless. Glock had some issues with the Gen 4 34/35 guide rods and function right after they came out and that was the solution/correction Glock arrived at for some reason and Billy made the corresponding change on his Gen 4 34/35 guide rods.