Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some fast shooting

eerw

Got to follow his squad around Area 5 for a few stages last summer. He is impressive. Very very smooth...

One observation that I recall now after watching the video clip,,,

He was of course being followed like the other top shooters, but just looking at him you wouldn't have guessed that he was in the must watch ranks. In my limited experience at larger matches the better must watch shooters are all decked out in the latest gear and matching outfits. Sponser supplied stuff I'm sure for the top dawgs. And they probably have to wear it. But Jerry was just wearing jeans and a polo shirt. Nothing too high tech looking. He could have fit into any squad even at a local match.

Not to put down anyone for having all the coolest new high-tech stuff, but watching him kind of reminds you that it's all about the shooting...

well, he did dethrone Alex Zimmerman as Revo IDPA Champ, and by a considerable margin....Alex had been untouchable prior to that... ;)

Watched "it" as it happened at the 2004 IDPA Nationals, took the video, got the autograph - seeking the mojo... B)

Spent the entire day standing behind him and watching him shoot the stages. He is so freaking smooth it doesn't look that fast in person....of course you miss half of it because it is so fast. He always pasted targets, answered all our stupid questions, and tolerated the blank stares all day.

Spent 2002 following Alex Zimmerman and TGO. Two trips I will always remember (taped that too, B) )

He's amazing!

The History Channel logo is on the scren in the clip, is it from a TV show that has been aired recently?

The history channel also had a cool program on shooting range development that chronicled the evolution of different types of shooting styles as well. I was watching it at a doctor's office in the lobby. When I got home I tried to find when the episode was going to be re-run but found out it wouldn't be.

Any idea of the program name and episode for Jerry's clip? Maybe the History channel has an order feature for some of it's episodes....

• 3 weeks later...

I was fortunate enough to watch him shoot a local match with him in Tyler Texas,

he must be the god of the wheelgun.

also his gear is a solid slap in the face to those guys who say you must have the latest S_I gun with super duper VVpowders..

seems like he was using bullseye powder and federal primers in his 45 acp wheelgun...and a plated bullet also....

on even ground, i dont think TGO can touch him with revolver..;)

He's amazing!

The History Channel logo is on the scren in the clip, is it from a TV show that has been aired recently?

Any idea of the program name and episode for Jerry's clip? Maybe the History channel has an order feature for some of it's episodes....

Modern Marvels??

I took a 2 day class from Jerry last year. He's the nicest guy, drove half of us to lunch boths days. You get your moneys worth from his class, we shot just under 1,000 rounds in two days, one of which it rained half the day. We got some good insight on shooting fast in general and then how to apply that to a revo. He's funny too, told us how to mess with the competition in a shoot off situation. In fact one of the guys in the class had to shoot off against him at the 2004 IRC but his hint didn't work, obviously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...