Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Reductions, Updated With Pics

Rockclimbg

Has anyone attempted a grip reduction on a standard frame or compact (g19) frame glock?

I'd like to hear some pointers that could save me some headache and money when I attempt this for the first time.

I already did a search here and on Glocktalk and found some good info from brownells

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/GunTech/N...x?p=0&t=1&i=381

However, I'd like to find more of an inside scoop.

My main goal is to make the grip easier for my small handed fiance to grip.

A little nice texturing would be nice too.

Maybe a beavertail?

How is stipling (sp?) or checkering done on a glock?

My fear is that I'd put on a bevertail and reduce the grip and then have the epoxy I used separate from the frame. Is that common? How durable is the final product?

Anyone have finished product pics?

Well....any help is appreciated.

thanks in advance

Rockclimbg

Agreed mpolans,

....and it goes against the whole "we don't need no freakin gunsmith with a Glock!" attitude that I'd like to maintain. :D

I'm sure there are lots of companies that do fine work, and truth be told, when pricing out all the materials necassary to do a grip reduction from brownells, it's not that much more to send it to Robar...but tinkering is half the fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Naa.....it's nice only having one set of everything in the house. Same mags, internals, etc. I'm going to try and pick up a Glock cheap at the next gun show and do a little experimenting. I figured worste case, I just sell the slide and parts if I Botch it.

I'll try to post some pics if/when I get done with the reduction.

• 2 months later...

I'm in the same boat, except that I have big hands, and Glock Perfection seems to eat webbing between my thumb and index finger. To make matters worse Glock Perfection is perfect for right handed person, not so perfect for a lefty, but close.

So the steam started coming out of my ears when I was thinking :blink: , and POW!!!! it hit me. I think rather than buy a cheap glock an goober up the frame, or buy just a frame from glockmeister for $150+ and gooder that up :wacko: , I am going to practice on>>>>>>>>Drum roll>>>>>>>>>an Airsoft. Yep $25 for a cheap one, and I can grind to my hearts content. After all it's only the grip angle I am concerned about, not the internals. I will keep everyone posted on my progress with pics too.

Matt

I made the plunge on a G21 that I picked up cheap. I did a grip reduction/magwell addition. I'm going to plan on shooting it in IDPA C.D.P.

I'll try to post some pics. It isn't pretty because I didn't use any spray on bedliner to blend it. I may do the bedliner thing later but usually I'm using grip tape so it's a moot point. I never was much of a fashion guy.

It shoots great, the high gripping and the smaller grip make the recoil very tame.

I know it's not the best C.D.P. out there but it was fun to mess around with and learn about, I'd do some things differently next time.

Thanks for the advice.

Rockclimbg

• 2 months later...

gripmod1.JPG

gripmod3.JPG

gripmod4.JPG

First attempt at posting photos...sorry if these don't turn out good..

I have NOT finished the grip reduction, I still need to touch up the finish and decided on how I'm going to blend it. That is going to be a winter time project as I don't have time to mess with this during the summer....overall, I like it. It's a lot of fun and I learned a ton doing it, not the prettiest thing...but...it works well and was fun, I made the magwell extra big and it is pretty tough to miss a mag change now. My G35 is pictured for size comparison, they feel very similar.

Rockclimbg