Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 USPSA Area 6 Championship registration opens Jan 15

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I registered a bit late and got a day that unfortunately doesn't work out perfectly. Anyone interested in switching squadding for someone who's scheduled to shoot all day Friday? I would much prefer all day Sunday. I'm active duty Army and have to request the days off to drive down from Tennessee. Any takers? Thanks! Looks to be a great match in the making in any case.

Is anyone camping at Lake Kissimmee State Park for the match? I need a ride from the range to the park Saturday afternoon, after shooting in the morning. My lady friend wants to take my truck and won't be back until late. Any ideas? Thanks.

ss+P, that will be plenty. Area 6 match is usually around 330 if I remember that report I saw a couple months ago.

I'm shooting on Sunday, planning on driving down from Atlanta Saturday morning, and then returning to Sunday night or early Monday. Is there anybody making a similar drive or will be passing through around then and wants split gas?

I registered a bit late and got a day that unfortunately doesn't work out perfectly. Anyone interested in switching squadding for someone who's scheduled to shoot all day Friday? I would much prefer all day Sunday. I'm active duty Army and have to request the days off to drive down from Tennessee. Any takers? Thanks! Looks to be a great match in the making in any case.

That is exactly the switch I want to make. I tried the published email address to make the change over a week ago but did not receive a reply. How can I get myself changed to Friday?

Bill Henley

TY51017

Check the Area 6 FB page for more info on that. The drama is best saved for that page. But --- as Ron169 said --- Chris Palmer has requested that all stages be changed and not posted ahead of time due to some recent events that you can read more about on the Area 6 FB.

Edited by uod

I'm probably missing something here. Seems to me that the shooters / workers of the host club of any major match have a certain amount of home field advantage. Never helped me any. So, with the stages from various other matches perhaps no one gets that advantage. The idea of a local club setting up a stage they think will be in an upcoming major is nothing new. And it's also never going to be the exact thing anyway.

There is more to this drama?

Happens all the time that local clubs with lot of shooters in the area going to a major type shoot will set up stages as much like the ones posted as they can so their local guys can get some practice. Always turns out that the distances, angles, and other elements are not the same. Never has seemed to be any real advantageous or disadvantage for anyone that I know of, especially me.

I think what made this situation different was that it was ALL stages happening AT the match location. From what people posted I couldn't tell if people were shooting the actual stages or just ones based on the diagram. I believe everyone thought it was the exact stages because it's at the range hosting the match and happening only 1-2 weeks prior.

So yes, if that's the case, I don't think it's fair either. I have no problem with people setting up the stages based on diagrams, but literally getting to shoot through them several times beforehand is a huge advantage.

Anyway, leave it to our group to find something to bitch about haha. I'm no less excited for this match than I was a week ago!

As long as the match is challenging I don't really care what stages I shoot, but I can understand and support the decision to make sure there is no suspicion of inside information. Glad to see A6 is trying to nip this in the bud. Look forward to seeing all of you there!

So I clearly missed something. From reading the previous posts it sounds like shooters shot similar stages already. I don't really care either way.

My question is are the stages that are posted a go or are we shooting all new stages.

Anyone know if this will affect competitors being allowed to walk stages before the match? I know some matches at USA are run closer to ipsc rules where you aren't allowed to walk stages until your squad's actual walk thru.

Well said by the MD. sucks that the rumor mill had to cause extra work for the volunteers. Thank you for doing what you believe is the best course of action for the match and changing the stages.