Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 3GN Regionals

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More piss poor planning BS and communication from 3GN. One day notice, in December, stupid.

I don't really under stand emotional and unprofessional post like this....We where asked a number of times for the release date for the release date for these events, we answered after a lot of hard work by many in and out of the sport!! We don't intend to make your invoice due at registration...I take offence to being label stupid...if your going to post that type of unprofessional garbage don't hide behind a screen name!

We are guilty of two things, neither stupid, one adding six outstanding 3 gun matches to the shooting schedule for 2015 and second growing the sport of 3 gun. Hardly a cause for insult.

Edited by csole

...one adding six outstanding 3 gun matches to the shooting schedule for 2015 and second growing the sport of 3 gun. Hardly a cause for insult.

Charles, was that a slip of the finger or are we still in the running for a SE Regional someplace like SC/GA/FL for #6 (I only saw 5 listed above)??

Thanks, Tim

I'm pretty much groovin' on the way these things are set up and announced. Try getting into Area 2 Desert Classic or Superstition Mountain-pretty much given up on that venue because it has become so opaque and difficult to find the match, and then signing up is obtuse. If you are at all tuned into 3 Gun and 3 Gun Nation-you are a member and all that, you get an email announcing the match. TarHeel 3 Gun and Atlanta 3 Gun do that, too. Nobody else. I mean really these have been anticipated for a while, but you have to wait for one season to finish. I'm just a shooter, nobody special and it was easy and is easy to deal with 3 Gun Nation events and Tarheel 3 Gun, Atl 3 Gun. I lead the nation in match fees eaten, but I am very appreciative of the opportunity to play, nonetheless. Like that guy Willie on Swamp People says, "if you think it's easy, you're welcome to come on out and do it".

More piss poor planning BS and communication from 3GN. One day notice, in December, stupid.

I don't really under stand emotional and unprofessional post like this....We where asked a number of times for the release date for the release date for these events, we answered after a lot of hard work by many in and out of the sport!! We don't intend to make your invoice due at registration...I take offence to being label stupid...if your going to post that type of unprofessional garbage don't hide behind a screen name!

We are guilty of two things, neither stupid, one adding six outstanding 3 gun matches to the shooting schedule for 2015 and second growing the sport of 3 gun. Hardly a cause for insult.

...huh? One day notice to sign up for a match is a little ridiculous. Had I been too busy to get on the intarwebs tonight I would have potentially missed the boat tomorrow night. But hopefully this will limit the number of people trying to get into Rangelog and the server will hold up.

Austin Tulloh

Edited by AustinT

Lets talk about venues...VIR...Virginia International Raceway...host of the MidAtlantic Regional presented by Bushmaster. This place is going to be fun...it is totally self contained and we will be shooting our match while a "National" motorcycle race and a BMW race are under green..This is one of the nicest road coarse in the USA. They have lodging on the track, over the pits, restaurants on site, a hotel and rental condos...this is just one of the unique venue we have been busting our butts to provide our supporters and competitors...check it out:

http://virnow.com/

slider-lodging.jpg

slider-1.jpgslider-2.jpg

Edited by csole

Charles & 3GN - This is nothing less than AWESOME! I'm very excited about the new venues & I know a lot of other people that are excited about it too.

Thanks for setting this up for us. The Midwest Regional last year down in Kentucky was one of my all time favorite 3-gun matches that I've ever shot, so I'm looking forward to shooting the new matches in the Mid-Atlantic & East Coast area!

Mike

Edited by StephensOutdoors

I'll be in search of a computer during work to try to get in, lol. I really enjoyed the SW regional last year, it was a great match and ran in a very professional manner. I struggled to get in last year when the servers crashed and was able to get in the second time it opened up. Hopefully everybody doesn't click at the same time.

JG

Uh, dude, dial it back a notch. Aaron has his name listed in his profile. He is no more hiding behind a screen name than you are (which is not at all). You've been doing this long enough to know that three gunners are a bunch of whiners about everything. That said, you may know you aren't going to require payment right away but no one else does. Even if we get to wait a month I'm looking at having to come up with a lot of money before the middle of January between this and the ProSeries. Based on the short notice I won't be signing up for as many of the matches as I would have.

First off, I appreciate all the efforts folks put in to making these matches happen and I'm really looking forward to the Beckley match mostly because its only a little over a two hour drive for me instead of the usual six hour one. As for the VA / racetrack venue, maybe its just me and the fact that I can't connect shooting with races going on as something I would care to do. The track venue seems to be a big selling point. To each his own I guess.

I personally could care less about the 1 day notice. Glad I received it from no less than 4 sources, and looking forward to signing up. However, today is the day, and the matches are not even listed on the 3gn membership portal yet. There is no way to save / review match details and be ready to sign up, and log in time is 13 hours away. I hope this gets resolved and thoroughly tested prior to having everyone crash the server at rangelog again...and continuing the drama.

I was thinking it was a little sudden too. But then I realized that 3GN is the only organization in action shooting that hosts, admins, sets up and tears down 15 pro/regional matches. USPSA, IPDA and outlaw 3-gun only works 1-2 by any one entity.

Uh, dude, dial it back a notch. Aaron has his name listed in his profile. He is no more hiding behind a screen name than you are (which is not at all). You've been doing this long enough to know that three gunners are a bunch of whiners about everything. That said, you may know you aren't going to require payment right away but no one else does. Even if we get to wait a month I'm looking at having to come up with a lot of money before the middle of January between this and the ProSeries. Based on the short notice I won't be signing up for as many of the matches as I would have.

Whining is one thing but insults are different. There are a bunch of folks putting this deal together and calling "3GN BS and Stupid" is unprofessional. Particularly if my research is correct... That type of frustration could have been sent directly to me and examined. What purpose does it serve in a public forum? I sign every post with email and a phone number.

The bottom line is we where closing out deals minutes before our press release...And many folks pleaded for the dates. So we put them out. As always we will work with folks on payment...I have yet to met the "3 Gun Nation Bill Collector" .

I personally could care less about the 1 day notice. Glad I received it from no less than 4 sources, and looking forward to signing up. However, today is the day, and the matches are not even listed on the 3gn membership portal yet. There is no way to save / review match details and be ready to sign up, and log in time is 13 hours away. I hope this gets resolved and thoroughly tested prior to having everyone crash the server at rangelog again...and continuing the drama.

They are listed on there now.

Charles,

I am not hiding or attacking anyone personally.

I know you and the other staffers work hard to put on all these events, gather prizes, etc. I don't dispute any of that.

After a few years of experience, I would expect 3GN to have it's poop in a group more so than it is. For all the hard work 3GN puts in, it is too easily undone by items that are controllable by 3GN.

Aaron Goodfellow

3GN 27180

STATEMENT REGARDING REGISTRATION

Competitors will be sent a payment link after they are promoted into the match. At that time they will have 14 days to pay the match fee to receive entry confirmation. A 100% refund will be available until 5 weeks prior to the event. After this deadline date, shooters will receive a 50% refund as long as they cancel 14 days prior to the event. If the cancellation occurs after the 14 day deadline, the match fees will be forfeited.

The registration process is expected to take less than 5 minutes and does not require immediate payment (up to 14 days). If a competitor has found that they will be unable to attend due to a scheduling conflict such as work, family or any other reason imaginable, they can simply withdraw from the match. The first match on the 2015 Regional Series beginsSaturday, February 21st. Therefore competitors can receive a 100% refund up to Friday, January 17th – which is over 6 weeks from today's date. In fairness to those competing in the February event, 3GN made the registration process available as soon as possible to allow extra time for withdrawals.

Whining is one thing but insults are different. There are a bunch of folks putting this deal together and calling "3GN BS and Stupid" is unprofessional. Particularly if my research is correct... That type of frustration could have been sent directly to me and examined. What purpose does it serve in a public forum? I sign every post with email and a phone number.

The bottom line is we where closing out deals minutes before our press release...And many folks pleaded for the dates. So we put them out. As always we will work with folks on payment...I have yet to met the "3 Gun Nation Bill Collector" .

Charles,

You need to NOT take things so personally. Your name wasn’t 3 Gun Nation last time I checked and the “post” didn’t call you or the other staff at 3 Gun Nation stupid. You’re getting a reputation for being a bull in a china closet. I’m almost certain that nobody wants to go head to head with you on the phone or in a personal email pointing out your deficiencies and yet many of us really appreciate 3 Gun Nation and what it’s done for 3 Gun. You’re response here couldn’t help anything as it appeared emotional, irrational, and unprofessional. The post you’re upset about accused 3 Gun Nation of doing a poor job planning and communicating. It also stated that one day notice was stupid. If you’re fair and honest, you’ll realize that most of those things are true. I agree with the message even if it could have been delivered differently. One day notice does seem to indicate poor planning regardless of the reason. You could have posted dates and still had sign up a month later. You mentioned in your post that payment wouldn’t be due immediately. While that’s nice, it wasn’t communicated in the email sent to all of us giving the one day notice, which proves the point that there is/was poor communication. As has already been pointed out, Christmas is coming up and you can see why someone might be frustrated enough by the situation to call it stupid based on the fact there was no communication about when payment is due. Consider it a compliment that people take your matches and getting signed up so seriously and that they are upset and perhaps disappointed at the short notice. I don’t know the circumstances of the poster who offended you, but maybe he works somewhere that doesn’t have internet and one day notice isn’t enough for him to take the day off to be where there’s internet so he can register. He’s likely not incorrect about anything he said and it just goes to show that 3 Gun Nation has some areas where it could improve. I for one will be watching to see how 3 Gun Nation continues to handle situations like this in determining who is professional or unprofessional. I’m surprised that you would waste your time responding to a post like this. All you needed to say in response was “we’ll try to improve next year.” Regardless please know that we all love 3 Gun Nation and that we all appreciate the hard work you guys are doing to grow the sport. Looks like some really good matches coming up in 2015.