Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 2-Gun National Championships (USCA)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are there slugs and or buckshot required in this match?

That's some funny chit right there

Too much coffee, sorry!

Rub it in, I deserve it.

I entered a long time ago along with other 3gun events and just plain forgot.

That's my story and I am sticking to it!!

Are there slugs and or buckshot required in this match?

That's some funny chit right there

Too much coffee, sorry!

Rub it in, I deserve it.

I entered a long time ago along with other 3gun events and just plain forgot.

That's my story and I am sticking to it!!

Just tell them the same thing when its your turn to shoot and you walk up wearing your load 2 vest :goof:

• 2 months later...

Has anyone noticed that the shooter meeting, squad assignments and registration takes place on Fri. the 29th at 6:30 PM.

We are supposed to start shooting on Fri. the 29th at 7:00 AM?

At least that is what they say on the match web site.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard a rumor there was just one prize table for this match planned. Could someone verify this is not true? If it is, change me to open;)

I don’t know if that’s true or not but according to their website there are only 94 shooters registered.

I heard a rumor there was just one prize table for this match planned. Could someone verify this is not true? If it is, change me to open;)

I don’t know if that’s true or not but according to their website there are only 94 shooters registered.

If they used traditional outlaw Multigun rules, and only eliminated everything to do with the shotgun, I think they would see better enrollment. I like the idea of pistol/rifle matches, but I think the different rule sets become a bit of a burden. The match format looks cool though. Slung rifle on all stages certainly brings back a practical aspect missing from a lot of 3 gun these days.

I dont know if thats true or not but according to their website there are only 94 shooters registered.

If they used traditional outlaw Multigun rules, and only eliminated everything to do with the shotgun, I think they would see better enrollment. I like the idea of pistol/rifle matches, but I think the different rule sets become a bit of a burden. The match format looks cool though. Slung rifle on all stages certainly brings back a practical aspect missing from a lot of 3 gun these days.

I agree. Not a a big fan of the rules as written. Looking forwarded to this nonetheless.

BTW, at the last 2 gun match at Peacemaker the question was asked about hot reholstering. The owner said there will not be any hot reholstering at Nationals.

Edited by 5pins

From the USCA rule book there also seemed to be inconsistency on clearing rifle before transition to pistol. Seems like you had to clear it by putting it on safe and then dropping the mag and clearing the chamber; however, if you shoot it dry there was no requirement to have the weapon on safe.

I would love to shoot this match if it was Saturday and Sunday only but I cant swing taking 1.5 days off work and paying for 2 extra nights of hotels due to the Thursday check in

Where did you see a Thursday check in?

I would love to shoot this match if it was Saturday and Sunday only but I cant swing taking 1.5 days off work and paying for 2 extra nights of hotels due to the Thursday check in

Where did you see a Thursday check in?

Never mind i found it.

Why does every match want to make their set of rules so different? One set up not fitting all matches really sucks especially when traveling. Sounds interesting to do a 2 gun match, but not a fan of slung weapons. Maybe some day it will evolve into something easy to understand.

No it is not one big prize table. Each division will have separate prize tables.

An updated rule book with some minor changes is about to go out. One of the changes is allowing dumping of pistols in buckets on safe like in 3 Gun, not requiring pistols to be cleared.

As far as the slung rifle rule. Any time a shot is fired by the rifle the rifle must be slung.

Yes their are spots still open for the match and we can take a couple more Staff RO's that can make the commitment.

http://www.uscarbineassociation.com/index.cfm?action=info.nationalChampionship2015

Emails going out shortly to registered shooter about match details and rule clarifications

Any specific questions can be email directly to me tom@peacemakernational.com

No it is not one big prize table. Each division will have separate prize tables.

An updated rule book with some minor changes is about to go out. One of the changes is allowing dumping of pistols in buckets on safe like in 3 Gun, not requiring pistols to be cleared.

As far as the slung rifle rule. Any time a shot is fired by the rifle the rifle must be slung.

Yes their are spots still open for the match and we can take a couple more Staff RO's that can make the commitment.

http://www.uscarbineassociation.com/index.cfm?action=info.nationalChampionship2015

Tom, many major matches put out stage descriptions prior to the match with a paper layout and start procedure. How many stages will there be? What will the balance be between field and bay stages?

On the stage descriptions. It would be good to know if there will be 8" pistol shots at 50 yards. I am sure some would want to verify sight pictures on that. At this point, a CHANGE log for the rule book would be very useful for prep. Is pistol steel going to count against Limited time Comstock stages or only rifle? Just a few things I can think about.

Squads are another issue. Perhaps Brian can chime in with instructions about squads.

BYW. Welcome to Brian Enos Forums!

Emails going out shortly to registered shooter about match details and rule clarifications

Any specific questions can be email directly to me tom@peacemakernational.com

Edited by SonOfSpartans

The rules are neither that different nor that hard. The biggest change was the pistol dump rules.

The whole point about a two gun match was to have a competition that transitioned more seamlessly between platforms instead of running around and picking everything up off of tables. The hot re-holster on the clock carries a risk factor so some ranges are reluctant and I think that is fair. So the rules allow for a pistol dump. Slinging the rifle is a skill set and I like playing with a sling. Bi-pods, variable power optics or any other feature is a skill set that adds layers to a game.

The rifle being empty and safe makes sense to me when not in use. I am sure no one wants to be swept by a hot muzzle when a shooter rounds a turn at full tilt and the rifle goes in orbit due to the way it is slung. That also seems to be why the rules still have muzzle control in there as a DQ worthy event.

So imagine a stage where the start is with a rifle at low ready. Magazine loaded to 12 rounds. There are ten paper and some steel nearby. The rifle will run dry before you have engaged all the paper. You sling it and draw the pistol to finish up the close array. Dump the pistol and move down range to targets out to 500 yards. Get your rifle back in operation on the way and finish the stage. The shooter becomes the "dump bucket" for the rifle in a safe condition but this bucket allows a retrieval of the platform on the clock. It is a ton of fun, even if my charging handle does poke me.

I just sent the email below to all registered competitors (if you didn't get it and are signed up, we may just have a problem with your email - email me and I'll fix it). This should address some of the biggest questions out there and we'll be communicating regularly over the next couple weeks.

We wanted to send a quick email to pass along key information about the upcoming match. If you are receiving this email you have successfully registered for the match. Below are some questions we're sure are on your mind.

• How can I submit a squad request?
    If you would like to be squadded with specific competitors, please email names to brian@uscarbineassociation.com. I will do my best to accommodate all requests. We intend to keep squads to a maximum size of 10 competitors to help the match move quickly and efficiently.
  • Where can I verify match information and my squad?
    Please visit the match profile on the USCA website. Keep in mind that squads will be changing frequently as a result of load balancing and accommodation of squad requests. You'll also want to bookmark this page, as the results of the match will appear here once we get started.
    PRO TIP: This link is also available on your USCA profile - My Account > Settings > Upcoming Matches.
  • Will you be making stage descriptions available in advance of the match?
    Yes. The stages are going through final tweaks. We will make descriptions available to you as they are firmed up. We will send through email and Facebook.
  • Some of the safety rules are unique from other multi-gun sports - any chance that will change?
    Yes. As much as we hate to change rules this close to a national match, we'd hate even more to DQ a competitor for an action that's perfectly acceptable in another sport. We will be releasing an updated rulebook in the next few days. We will send another email to clarify where changes were made and we will also review these changes at the shooters' briefing prior to the match.
  • How will the prize table work?
    There will be a separate prize table for each division. See the match page referenced above to get an idea how many competitors are in each division.
  • What if you didn't answer all of my questions?
    We will be sending out frequent updates between now and the match, and if you have a specific question please contact me directly atbrian@uscarbineassociation.com.