Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 2-Gun National Championships (USCA)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this the one where low- mass bolt carriers and 140mm mags make you ineligible for limited division?

Read the rules, 126mm mags for limited. It says any for bolt carrier/slide mods. Kinda bummed about the restriction on pistol mags. It also says lights are encouraged. I wonder if you will need them for the Peacemaker match?

Edited by bmiller

You need to be a USCA member to shoot but membership is only $9.95 right now. At the last match I shot at Peacemaker the longest target was 385 yards. Someone posted YouTube vids of the matches so you can take a look a see what you think.

There is no "limited" division in USCA.

The divisions are Heavy, MilLE, No Mag, Tac Optics, Open and Freestyle. Freestyle is a local match only class that allows someone with mixed gear to play the game with what they have.

All classes have rifle division capacity limit of 30 except Heavy which is 20. MilLe and No Mag are pistol mag length of 126mm. Tac Scope is 140.25mm on pistol mags while open is 170. Heavy is 10 round pistol capacity limit.

Max allowable rifle distance is 500. Size is defined by distance as well.

All in the rules.

Watched a few videos. First, is a hot reholster on the clock common in these matches? Will this be a part if the stages at Peacemaker? Second, is it mandatory to have your rifle slung for all shots? This was not the case in the videos I watched.

The matches I shot at Peacemaker did not allow hot holstering. USCA allows for hot holstering but Peacemaker is a little risk adverse. I don’t know if that will be the case for a national shoot or not.

The rifle must be slung at all times even if a pistol only stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on what to expect at the match.

• The sport of 2-gun focuses on the semi-automatic rifle and pistol. Virtually any configuration will fit into one of USCA's competitive divisions (see division detail in section 5 of the rulebook). 2-gun is a physical sport and may require competitors to cover a good deal of ground and to engage targets from a wide variety of shooting positions during any given course of fire. Competitors are welcome to utilize equipment for safety and comfort, including elbow/knee pads and any form of footwear.
  • The match will consist of 10 stages, made up of 8 field courses and 2 short courses. Anticipated round count is 400 rounds rifle, 300 rounds pistol. This is subject to change, and any significant modifications will be communicated to registered competitors in advance of the match.
  • Side matches will be available to competitors throughout the three day event. Side matches will carry their own rules and prizes, separate from the main match.
  • PNTC will provide a range for zeroing on each day for use by competitors.
  • Match Rules: It is highly recommended that all competitors read and understand the USCA rulebook as part of their preparation for this match. Below are a number of key rules and sections.
    • Competitor Equipment: Section 4 of the rulebook defines what a competitor can and cannot use in the course of a match.
      • The same rifle in the same configuration must be used for the entire match. This includes any accessories, such as lights, vertical grips and optical magnifiers (where allowed). (Section 4.2)
      • Ammunition: Steel core, steel jacketed, armor piercing, incendiary and tracer ammunition, and any projectile that sticks to a magnet is expressly prohibited. This is for safety and for preservation of targets. (Section 4.5)
      • Rifle Sling: The rifle must ALWAYS be slung whenever a shot is fired from a rifle. (Section 4.8)
    • Divisions: Competitive divisions are detailed with allowances and restrictions in section 5 of the rulebook. There will be no freestyle division at this match.
    • Cover: USCA does not recognize a penalty for cover based on perceived exposure to targets. (Section 6.3.3)
    • Target Distance: The maximum distance for a rifle target is 500 yards, and for pistol, 50 yards. Plan to shoot out to these maximum distances at this match and choose your equipment and division accordingly. Full details in sections 6.3.9 and 6.3.10.
    • Scoring: This match will follow USCA standard scoring which is detailed in section 7. Overall results are based on match points and stages are scored time plus penalties. Competitors are strongly encouraged to review this section in detail.
  • Additional details and requirements are available on the registration page.

500 yard targets! What the hell did I get myself into. :surprise:

Did you also notice the stage balance? Eight field stages and two bay stages.

".......is a physical sport and may require significant movement......." Close enough quote to make the point. Peacemaker has the terrain to make this a reality.

This has my interest.

Watched a few videos. First, is a hot reholster on the clock common in these matches? Will this be a part if the stages at Peacemaker? Second, is it mandatory to have your rifle slung for all shots? This was not the case in the videos I watched.

In the USCA rule set Hot Reholstering is "safe" but putting a pistol on safe and dumping it in a bucket without clearing it is a match DQ......

Update on what to expect at the match.

• The sport of 2-gun focuses on the semi-automatic rifle and pistol. Virtually any configuration will fit into one of USCA's competitive divisions (see division detail in section 5 of the rulebook). 2-gun is a physical sport and may require competitors to cover a good deal of ground and to engage targets from a wide variety of shooting positions during any given course of fire. Competitors are welcome to utilize equipment for safety and comfort, including elbow/knee pads and any form of footwear.
  • The match will consist of 10 stages, made up of 8 field courses and 2 short courses. Anticipated round count is 400 rounds rifle, 300 rounds pistol. This is subject to change, and any significant modifications will be communicated to registered competitors in advance of the match.
  • Side matches will be available to competitors throughout the three day event. Side matches will carry their own rules and prizes, separate from the main match.
  • PNTC will provide a range for zeroing on each day for use by competitors.
  • Match Rules: It is highly recommended that all competitors read and understand the USCA rulebook as part of their preparation for this match. Below are a number of key rules and sections.
    • Competitor Equipment: Section 4 of the rulebook defines what a competitor can and cannot use in the course of a match.
      • The same rifle in the same configuration must be used for the entire match. This includes any accessories, such as lights, vertical grips and optical magnifiers (where allowed). (Section 4.2)
      • Ammunition: Steel core, steel jacketed, armor piercing, incendiary and tracer ammunition, and any projectile that sticks to a magnet is expressly prohibited. This is for safety and for preservation of targets. (Section 4.5)
      • Rifle Sling: The rifle must ALWAYS be slung whenever a shot is fired from a rifle. (Section 4.8)
    • Divisions: Competitive divisions are detailed with allowances and restrictions in section 5 of the rulebook. There will be no freestyle division at this match.
    • Cover: USCA does not recognize a penalty for cover based on perceived exposure to targets. (Section 6.3.3)
    • Target Distance: The maximum distance for a rifle target is 500 yards, and for pistol, 50 yards. Plan to shoot out to these maximum distances at this match and choose your equipment and division accordingly. Full details in sections 6.3.9 and 6.3.10.
    • Scoring: This match will follow USCA standard scoring which is detailed in section 7. Overall results are based on match points and stages are scored time plus penalties. Competitors are strongly encouraged to review this section in detail.
  • Additional details and requirements are available on the registration page.
500 yard targets! What the hell did I get myself into. :surprise:

Same fundamentals apply, just hold a little higher and into the wind.;)

In the USCA rule set Hot Reholstering is "safe" but putting a pistol on safe and dumping it in a bucket without clearing it is a match DQ......

Good to Know

Good to Know

But at the matches at Peacemaker they are allowing dumping without clearing as long as it’s on safe and de-cocked if applicable.

• 1 month later...