Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun holster

boudreux

I have been shooting USPSA for a while and i've decided to get into 3 gun at the end of this month. I currently have a blade tech belt high holster as well as the drop and offset attachment. I'm just wondering what is used most, a holster that is belt high or one that is dropped and offset? I'm shooting a Glock 35 if that matters

I like the Blade-tech WRS. It gives you the option of using retention if you want or you can start with it off. It sits similar to the Blade-tech DOH so when I switch back between USPSA and 3-Gun there isn't much of a transition.

I like the Blade-tech WRS. It gives you the option of using retention if you want or you can start with it off. It sits similar to the Blade-tech DOH so when I switch back between USPSA and 3-Gun there isn't much of a transition.

I use the Blade-Tech DOH WRS as well.

I like the additional security it provides when the stage requires multiple shooting positions and movement with the rifle or shotgun before deploying the pistol.

Run a low drop safariland ALS here as it keeps the pistol away from the load 2 vest. If your gonna buy a holster, I would give the ALS a serious look. The holster locks every time and is thumb activated where it is just hit on the draw when getting the grip and is extremely easy to pickup it's that natural. The advantage is you will not have to worry about the pistol coming out when you don't want it to. You are seeing more and more people moving to a retention holster these days as a getting dislodged is the quicker way to end a match. The minimal if any extra draw time is more than made up in being able to move and not have to put the hand on the pistol when running. I went to one before they were cool after seeing to many pop out of the holsters of those why simply tightened it up a little.

G Code gets my vote, but ALS and WRS are great too.

I like having a hood keeping the gun in the holster while moving "vigorously," as well as the straight down push of the G Code release mechanism.

What G Code holster are you using?

Run a low drop safariland ALS here as it keeps the pistol away from the load 2 vest. If your gonna buy a holster, I would give the ALS a serious look. The holster locks every time and is thumb activated where it is just hit on the draw when getting the grip and is extremely easy to pickup it's that natural. The advantage is you will not have to worry about the pistol coming out when you don't want it to. You are seeing more and more people moving to a retention holster these days as a getting dislodged is the quicker way to end a match. The minimal if any extra draw time is more than made up in being able to move and not have to put the hand on the pistol when running. I went to one before they were cool after seeing to many pop out of the holsters of those why simply tightened it up a little.

Are you shooting an Edge or an Eagle? What part number are you using?

Thanks

I use a high ride for my single stack gun when I shoot heavy, and the retention's cranked fairly high. For my Limited gun I have a Blade-Tech thumb drive, works great if you have a common enough gun (Glock&P, 1911) to save some cash over their other locking model. But, whatever you do, play around with some of the positions you'll be required to go with it, and be smart about slings as well.

Mine is a 6354DO with a glock 35. With my 6 in sti I had to go gcode as safariland didn't make one for it. I use the glock most of the time though. The 6378 is the base ALS and can have the other attachments added if one chooses. I got this one from a friend is why I have the 6354

I like having a hood keeping the gun in the holster while moving "vigorously," as well as the straight down push of the G Code release mechanism.

Sorry. Didn't see this til now. This is the G Code setup I have. I mentioned a bit more about it in the other 2011 Holster thread a few posts down.

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/XST/XST-RTI.html

With this belt mount:

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA30.html

Edit: Fixed the links.

Edited by jlat32

Sorry. Didn't see this til now. This is the G Code setup I have. I mentioned a bit more about it in the other 2011 Holster thread a few posts down.

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/XST/XST-RTI.html

With this belt mount:

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA30.html

Edit: Fixed the links.

Looks good. Thanks

is anyone using the blade tech pro-series speed competition rig holster?

any difference between blade tech's other holsters and this particular one marketed towards comp?

The one that's cut lower than the ejection port isn't legal for production, if that's a concern. The speed rig, the way they cut it, it's basically a muzzle cap, so it can be a bit quicker to get out, especially if you do a scoop-style draw.

For 3-gun in particular, I don't see too much value in blazing fast draw times.