Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2015 Bushmaster Tarheel 3-Gun Challenge

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I just have to figure out the risk level to wearing my kilt while shooting...

There are prone stages I assume. How much would you charge so you won't wear it? I think if you keep your demands low enough, you could get most of us to chip in a twenty.

Now thats funny right there.

Now I just have to figure out the risk level to wearing my kilt while shooting...

There are prone stages I assume. How much would you charge so you won't wear it? I think if you keep your demands low enough, you could get most of us to chip in a twenty.

Don't tempt me...you've pretty much guaranteed I'm going to walk around Wednesday afternoon/Thursday morning (I'm shooting Segment 1) in the kilt.

Don't tempt me...you've pretty much guaranteed I'm going to walk around Wednesday afternoon/Thursday morning (I'm shooting Segment 1) in the kilt.

Thats cool, I'm shooting Sat/Sun.

Guys, this ain't a complicated range. You can drive everywhere. The only way that could change would be with weather, but even with that, I think the roads are still pretty solid.

Probably won't need a map for stages, there is only one road on the range.

Guys, this ain't a complicated range. You can drive everywhere. The only way that could change would be with weather, but even with that, I think the roads are still pretty solid.

Probably won't need a map for stages, there is only one road on the range.

You had to mention the weather didn't you? It's been raining for the last two hours.

Gate was locked at 5pm when we arrived. Something happen? Would think the range would be accessible until near dark.... Hope the zero range is open early.

They closed the range at 5. The gentleman I talked to said the gate will open at 6:00 am, shooters meeting at 6:30.

My first trip to this facility. What a place,the potential is incredible. The owners are seriously some really nice people. THANK YOU Damon and family.

The match itself was well run with stages that were not stupid. Sorry if that sounds a bit weird, but so often we see target arrays set up simply to enlarge a round count. The stages were well thought out. The round counts were decent, large enough to justify the trip, but not requiring an ammo bearer to follow you on a stage. Shooting positions were achievable by just about anyone. You needed to be fast and accurate to place well. I did better than I have recently, but I know that I still need to improve. One issue that cost me was my own failure to carefully assess the penalties. Had I realized that the miss penalties were not as large as some matches. I might not have fallen in love with a couple targets. Could have moved me up a few places since I missed anyway!

I will definitely return to Tarheel matches and to this venue.

Again Thank you all!

My first trip to this facility. What a place,the potential is incredible. The owners are seriously some really nice people. THANK YOU Damon and family.

The match itself was well run with stages that were not stupid. Sorry if that sounds a bit weird, but so often we see target arrays set up simply to enlarge a round count. The stages were well thought out. The round counts were decent, large enough to justify the trip, but not requiring an ammo bearer to follow you on a stage. Shooting positions were achievable by just about anyone. You needed to be fast and accurate to place well. I did better than I have recently, but I know that I still need to improve. One issue that cost me was my own failure to carefully assess the penalties. Had I realized that the miss penalties were not as large as some matches. I might not have fallen in love with a couple targets. Could have moved me up a few places since I missed anyway!

I will definitely return to Tarheel matches and to this venue.

Again Thank you all!

Well said. Jim. I will be back too! Edited by bmiller

I had fun. The stages were excellent, the locals welcoming, the RO's friendly, etc.

Yep it rained, and yes it was muddy, but its 3gun, we are supposed to be all tough and stuff, so I just flopped in the mud and rolled with it.