Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2015 Bushmaster Tarheel 3-Gun Challenge

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will stage descriptions be posted?

They're usually posted online the day before the match. Charles will give out approximate round counts prior to that, but with optional targets even that is a best guess. Bring a case of shotgun shells, 40 slugs and 300 each of pistol and rifle and you'll be fine.

• 1 month later...

V-tac makes a slip on that goes over the end of the stock that tightens with Velcro and has a ring to attach the sling to- costs about $10- it is a very effective way to attach a sling if you do not have a stud in the stock.

I am shooting in the sat/sun match.

Does anyone know what squads shoot in the AM on Saturday?

Only reason I am asking is my wife is coming with me and I want to try to plan some activities around the shooting. BTW, I am in squad 3.

I'll also take any recommendations for activities from any of the locals as well.

stay on old us 1- do not turn left by the brick plant- keep going on us 1 until you see a Remington flag on the left- make a left turn, go over the tracks and that is the new entrance

stay on old us 1- do not turn left by the brick plant- keep going on us 1 until you see a Remington flag on the left- make a left turn, go over the tracks and that is the new entrance

This is great. There won't be a need to drive by the chicken coop anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple questions.

1) what time is start time for the AM group? PM group?

2) Is there a shooters meeting/registration before the match? We shoot Sat/Sun and apparently pm/am so if there is a meeting is it Friday night? Or do we have to be up and at the range at 0600 on Saturday?

3) how many stages are there? it looks like 8 squads in each flight. Are there actually 16 stages? Or are we shooting 1 on, 1 off?

4) Is it is possible to park my RV on the range overnight?

Thank you

And the biggest reason I want to know if I need to be able to use a sling for my shotgun: the front attachment point requires putting on the barrel clamp (which I usually leave off, since my mag tube isn't long enough to use for pole vaulting, even over mouse turds). Putting on the barrel clamp changes the POI, most importantly for slugs, which the web site said there will be 28 slug targets.

I'd like to know if I need to put the clamp on and thus if I need to take the shotty out to the range to recheck the relationship between POA and POI.

Shooting Schedule is posted on Tarheel.

Looks like Shooters meeting is 0630 on Saturday for both AM and PM squads. 8 stages, 4 each day. PM stars at 1300 with 90 minutes allowed per stage, including travel and briefing. Sunday night is going to be a late one if this holds true! That said, I wasn't going anywhere anyway.

That has to be a misprint... I am not dragging my ass to the range at 6:30am and then not shooting until 1pm

I too hope this is wrong, but it what is posted on Tarheel's website. I am really hoping to sleep in. I have a 10 hour minimum drive on Friday!