Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

buy once cry once ... cheap isn't better

Unless it works! I've used several of the major brands and have to say that the Taccom equipment works even under tough conditions and price was a consideration in my decision. I've used it at USPSA Nats, Rocky Mtn, Northwest, Hard as Hell, Fallen Brethren, and SMM3g in conjunction with Mountain Man and California Competition Works 4 and 6's. Several years of usage and no breakage. :cheers:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the Taccom units as well, but they shine more so in the front of the belt, where the orientation can stay constant.. The retention on the 8-ups is a little better with AAs than the Invictus. The Invictus is fantastic on the sides and back of the belt at weird orientations. I like and use both, and you can't go wrong with either. This is all regarding quad loading, I've never spent any time with the dropping deuces method.

I have a few different caddies from Taccom and 1 from Invictus. I have a 6up Dual load and Duelin Deuces from Taccom. The 6up are easy to use and I like the fact that I can bend the clips to help them retain better. I tried loading quads for a bit, but I am not there yet, but the duelin deuces still work well for loading duels as well. The Invictus caddies are really nice. I have the 6ixty-6ix. I love how adjustable they are. They offer a lot of different angles to position each set of 6 differently. They are also easy to pull deuces from as well. In the end, there is no wrong way to go and they all have their ups and downs. I would go to a local match and ask to try some out to see what works best for you.

Car stages( or going prone) can really mess up caddies for quad loads, so you should get a couple Choate or ManMountain 4 or 6 carriers. Even if you have to load one at at time, you're still better off than picking them up off the ground. Also need a carrier for slugs or buck for important misses. Regular misses, just keep going. I like the Invictus 2.8.

Car stages( or going prone) can really mess up caddies for quad loads, so you should get a couple Choate or ManMountain 4 or 6 carriers.

Not a problem at all with Carbon Arms, never have been. They are robust and retain prone. Have not used a traditional caddie in 2 years and I have shot out of cars, off towers, prone, etc.

The only loading technique I have have used is the load two and quad method. I started out with an otto vest and ended up with IP caddies. I have never pulled shells from any other caddies on the market. Why you ask? There's no need to, the IP caddies regardless of what version you get are the best thing going and the best overall value per shell retained. I'm a big boy and have gone prone with a 10D and 2.8's, I've never broken a clip due to that. I'm not on here to bash anyone elses product or be a "fan boy" like some others have said. I've known KP for a few years now and he's the best in the business when it comes to customer service! That says a lot in our sport. He's a shooter who I've seen evolve his kit more times that I can tell you in search of the perfect combination, always open to suggestions and he'll build you a "custom whatever you want". LOL!!

Hadley O.

I'll +1 to what was said above.

I wanted a setup a little different than what Kevin had on the site. A quick email to him and he cleared my questions up and shipped my order out. He has even fulfilled an order last minute to get it in the mail for an upcoming match 3 days later.

Might be a fanboi or whatever, I call it supporting the good ol american spirit, Kevin embodies that of the American entrepreneur. He produces a quality product, stands behind it 100%, and goes above and beyond for his customers. I have 3 2.8's, a 2.6, and his holster hanger and I couldn't be happier.

From what I have seen I am leaning toward the IP gear. Now I just need to save up my pennies and order the stuff. My goal is to finish out my kit by Jan 1 and hit the first match of the new year.

Did someone say Choate, the original "Shell Caddy"??? Even said it right on the side in 1992. The rest may hold shells but they sure aren't "shell caddies".

As for this new fangled Duce or Quads....I guess My favorite would still be the original ones made by George Moskop, the father of this here new stuff!!!

*Disclaimer* Moskop shell holders are NOT available in the U.S.....well unless you are Ty Gentry! ;) and no I don't load that way so I got nothing to add.

Austin....it may be kinda weird, but it sure is understandable! :)

I have tried every caddy. Even the Choate stuff. They all work. They all have pros and cons. I like the Invictus the best right now because they are the most versatile. They are also the newest manufacture on the market. So they kinda had to make a better mouse trap to get the mice.

When you order extra coupling bars to lock tings in place.

• 1 month later...

Well guys, thanks for the advice. I pulled the trigger on my credit card and ordered a pair of Invictus Practical 12Q's and a pair of Safarilald 4 round caddies for slugs/buckshot. I am building out the whole rig on a Safariland belt with ELS clips. I'll report back in a few weeks on how it all works from a newbie point of view.

My Invictus Practical 12Q's arrived last night (delivery in less than 72 hours was impressive). They may look a little like that Erector Set you had as a kid but, let me assure you, these things are precision machined. It took me about 10 minutes to assemble them and the tolerances are VERY tight. Even the lock washers look as though they have been CNC machined. These things are adjustable in more ways than I can even describe but they stay exactly where you put them. Will take them out to the range this weekend and let you know how they run.

Caddy Wars Rock! from the videos, to the new products to the cops showing up to stifle the suicider in the hood!, Kevin does a good job as well as a few others IMHO, am running a IP holster ext and his caddies. I also run taccom on another rig. They both work but I really like the IP over the other, plus Kevin is a homie

Gave the Taccom Dueling Dueces + Cal Comp std 4's/6's a hard workout this past weekend at the HAH match in St George. Well yes I'm a fanboy of these products because they held up under some pretty harsh conditions without breaking.

I was really surprised and impressed at how well the Invictus held shells going through the tunnels and all that!!

i used a chamelion chest rig for my stuff.. At hard as hell 2014 it worked great. used my safari land fork thing that holds 4 shells each on my belt for the stages that had slugs . great set up and comfy. plus you can repalce teh holders if they break and custom taylor it to you needs as in if teh stage calls for 20 rounds i can take off teh extra clips to make it smaller or larger

i used a chamelion chest rig for my stuff.. At hard as hell 2014 it worked great. used my safari land fork thing that holds 4 shells each on my belt for the stages that had slugs . great set up and comfy. plus you can repalce teh holders if they break and custom taylor it to you needs as in if teh stage calls for 20 rounds i can take off teh extra clips to make it smaller or larger

No you didn't, you used an Otto belt. I saw you. (He was using MY Otto belt)

• 1 month later...

Upon reading all of the above plus more here and elsewhere, looks like I'll be going with at least one Double Duelin' and possibly one triple as well. Does anyone here run the Deulin' Deuces on a belt other than the Safariland, i.e. one that doesn't require me shelling out for each lego piece to mount every single thing? This blank check I'm writing for the upcoming season to add shotgun is getting a little bigger than I would prefer.

Edited by yellowfin

Upon reading all of the above plus more here and elsewhere, looks like I'll be going with at least one Double Duelin' and possibly one triple as well. Does anyone here run the Deulin' Deuces on a belt other than the Safariland, i.e. one that doesn't require me shelling out for each lego piece to mount every single thing? This blank check I'm writing for the upcoming season to add shotgun is getting a little bigger than I would prefer.

You can run them on a Teck-lok with a CR Speed.... or really any kind of belt. That is what I did before adding ELS clips to my belt.