Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking forward to the 3GN SW Regional this weekend. I vaguely remember discussion about this possibly being a half-day schedule match, but the 3GN website info for my squad (#2) shows us shooting from 0700-1700 on both days. Can anyone verify if we're shooting half-day or whole-day format?

Thanks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked my spam folder and found the missing e-mails. Shooting start time is listed as 0700 on both days, but sunrise doesn't happen until 0732 and 0733 on Saturday and Sunday respectively. For bay stages, probably no big deal; but if we're shooting LR stages - it might be an issue.

On the up side, there seems to be plenty of time built into the shooting schedule so that a 30 minute delay would be very easy to deal with.

Either way, I'm thrilled to be shooting a major match close enough to my home that I can sleep in my own bed every night!! Thanks to 3GN and Copperhead Creek for making this happen - can't wait to shoot this match!

Im really surprised that there isnt a thread going for this match, for questions like this one.

3GN doesn't get much love on this forum. So they stay away.

No love, why is that?

3-Gun Nation has it's own message board, you could always post questions there:

http://3gn.ar15.com/forums/b/13_3_Gun_Nation.html

Edited by HeyChris

Im really surprised that there isnt a thread going for this match, for questions like this one.

It's too bad they let a few detractors discourage them from posting on what is arguably the most popular and frequently visited competitive shooting site in the world. Enos is my primary source for virtually everything we do in 3-gun. I also visit and occasionally post on the 3GN forum, but it's relatively quiet compared to Enos and it can take quite a while to get questions answered there, whereas here it's usually a matter of minutes or hours.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

It's too bad they let a few detractors discourage them from posting on what is arguably the most popular and frequently visited competitive shooting site in the world. Enos is my primary source for virtually everything we do in 3-gun. I also visit and occasionally post on the 3GN forum, but it's relatively quiet compared to Enos and it can take quite a while to get questions answered there, whereas here it's usually a matter of minutes or hours.
It's faster to simply email Charles or Tennille. Heck Charles cell phone # is public knowledge. I text him most times. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Sad but true. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=187234 85% ot respondants say either its not wanted, someone else should be doing it,or I don't care what you do. I wouldn't hang out here much either.

It's faster to simply email Charles or Tennille. Heck Charles cell phone # is public knowledge. I text him most times.

Good to know - thanks Jesse!

Sad but true. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=187234 85% ot respondants say either its not wanted, someone else should be doing it,or I don't care what you do. I wouldn't hang out here much either.

Well I think you are over-dramaticizing that.... Just because people want 3 gun to stay outlaw doesn't mean that "they aren't wanted"...

Sure 85% of people (and I am solidly one of them) think that 3 gun doesn't need a ruling body. I have no problem with 3GN as long as they don't think they can take over 3 gun and push their way on people. Having to run matches on straight time so that you can waste a stage on a 10 second classifier is lame in my opinion. I am really looking forward to seeing what they do at the match this weekend though.

Well I think you are over-dramaticizing that.... Just because people want 3 gun to stay outlaw doesn't mean that "they aren't wanted"...

Sure 85% of people (and I am solidly one of them) think that 3 gun doesn't need a ruling body. I have no problem with 3GN as long as they don't think they can take over 3 gun and push their way on people. Having to run matches on straight time so that you can waste a stage on a 10 second classifier is lame in my opinion. I am really looking forward to seeing what they do at the match this weekend though.

With respect, I think you just proved my point. Maybe "Just because people want 3 gun to stay outlaw doesn't mean that "they aren't wanted"..." is true for 3GN running / sponsoring a match but stating "people want 3 gun to stay outlaw" does in fact mean the 3GN effort of national rules and classification is in fact "not wanted".

Besides, I only said "not wanted" was one of three attitudes express, the others were "should be someone else" and "I don't give a darn what you do because I don't care".

Maybe my point wasn't clear. I was trying to express the thought that I doubt many folks would chose to participate (I know I would not) in a group where eight or nine folks out of ten express negative opinions of what they are doing. That, I think is why 3GN is not discussed on this forum much.

Well I'm also excited about the match. Since there already is more discussion over here than over at the official forum, I'll post here.

Has anyone heard anything about what to expect in terms of stages? Anyone know how far out we will be shooting?

Well I'm also excited about the match. Since there already is more discussion over here than over at the official forum, I'll post here.

Has anyone heard anything about what to expect in terms of stages? Anyone know how far out we will be shooting?

I remember seeing a post on the FB page about you'll probably want to bring elbow/knee pads..

Unknown - this will be my first 3GN Regional so I have no frame of reference regarding target type / distance. I did hear there is one BIG (40+ rd) shotgun stage. Weather.com says an 80% chance of Thunderstorms in Marble Falls SAT morning - could be interesting!

Previous regionals had 2 stages with long range, one is usually around 200ish yards and the other ends up around the 350-400ish range. I'm sure that this one will be more of the same. They also will run one shotgun stage that will have some slugs which at the prior matches were either at the very beginning of the stage or the end. Nothing too difficult for shots and the stages aren't overly complicated. Vegas gave lots of options as to how to shoot the stages and what guns to use, Kentucky was much more straight forward without a lot of options as to how to shoot the stages.

It should be another smooth match with a great prize table. We can't wait.

--Bruce Schmidt

I did notice that no-one was saying anything good or bad until the "no love" comments started. I'll bet that if that hadn't come up there would have been a nice little discussion on the match it's self. I think the problem is compounded by nothing posted here and very little posted there causing angst for those wanting info and those pointing out there isn't much. From what I am gathering, it is best to become friends with Tenille and Charles, and that way get updated.

I did notice that no-one was saying anything good or bad until the "no love" comments started. I'll bet that if that hadn't come up there would have been a nice little discussion on the match it's self. I think the problem is compounded by nothing posted here and very little posted there causing angst for those wanting info and those pointing out there isn't much. From what I am gathering, it is best to become friends with Tenille and Charles, and that way get updated.

You're correct. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for the Texas Regional and looking forward to what I expect to be a great match. When it comes to 3GN and Enos Multigun forum mixing, I don't bother, and the amount of posts on the AR15 subforum are nearly non-existent.....which leaves Facebook where Charles and Tenille have been pretty good at keeping things updated.

I wrote off the Pro Series style stages and anything 3GN after the Thanksgiving debacle and decided to give both a second chance and glad I did. While the Pro Series style stages are completely different, I found them to be really fun when I shot them the day after the 3GN Pro Series was shot. The Regional I shot in Kentucky was one of the better run matches I've been to this year and I had a blast. No match goes without some issue being brought into play, but with the constant fresh paint, target orientations painted on the ground, and consistent rules...the issues seem to be reducing quickly.

Do those of yall who have shot a regional match before have any suggestions for this match over a match like Texas Multigun championship or fallen brethren? Do I need to pack anything different or any other suggestions are welcome.