Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any rumors of expanded powder production capacity for 2015?

SethT

for the same reason the manufacturers of primers did not want to add additional production capacity (this is only a temporary supply/demand issue) I would suspect cause powder manufacturers to not add more production capability ...

I assume you are talking about for reloading. Reloaders are only a few percent of the powder consumption, so until the ammunition supply stabilizes, you just are not going to see a lot of powder. While I am starting to see more rifle powders, pistol and shotgun powders are just empty thoughts.

• 1 month later...

I gather that one of Hodgdon's suppliers is rebuilding from a fire, so you could call that a supply increase plan.

http://www.adi-powders.com.au/handloaders/faq.asp

"When will I be able to buy AP-70N again?

As mentioned on www.adi-powders.com, we have had a production issue with AP70N in 2013 that has seen us unable to produce AP70N, and after this was resolved a propellant burn event at our flake (shotgun and pistol) powder drying building terminated our production of these powders. Please note that this building processes only flake powder, and our rifle powder production was not affected in any way. Fortunately the building is operated by remote control, and none of our personnel were injured. We are now preparing to recommission the flake powder drying facility, and will have AP70N on the shelves again towards the latter part of this year. Please be assured that we are doing everything we can to speed up the process, but as safety is our number one priority, we are not able to restart production of AP70N until we are sure that the new building is properly commissioned and can be operated to the highest safety standards."

http://www.adi-powders.com.au/handloaders/equivalents.asp

Edited by BMaus

I think they like tossing out scraps, and watching the blood fly. They people at powder valley sound like wrecks over the phone....nobody wants .50BMG power either.

Edited by A-shot

VV320 is coming out on January 4th with a new 25# container, it's going to be priced at $187 per container.

Word is its a limit of 15 per customer, minimum of 5 per customer. Their thinking was they are sick and tired of low quantity reloaders so they are looking after those who do the most business

How is that?

VV320 is coming out on January 4th with a new 25# container, it's going to be priced at $187 per container.

Word is its a limit of 15 per customer, minimum of 5 per customer. Their thinking was they are sick and tired of low quantity reloaders so they are looking after those who do the most business

How is that?

Sexified.

Edited by A-shot

and after this was resolved a propellant burn event at our flake (shotgun and pistol) powder drying building terminated our production of these powders.

"propellant burn event" -- is that industry jargon for "big-ass explosion & fire?"

How is that?

That's fine if it's consistently available at a fair price. It will be easy enough to organize group buys here on benos.