Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm bullet diameter for Tactical Sport

ohsevenflhx

What diameter you should be using depends on what your bore slugs at if it's .3555 than a .356 plated bullet or a .3575 lead bullet would be ideal.

When it comes to lead there really isn't to big of bullet as long as it will chamber with plated or jacketed if you go to big it will copper foul pretty quick or that least this has been my experience.

What diameter you should be using depends on what your bore slugs at if it's .3555 than a .356 plated bullet or a .3575 lead bullet would be ideal.

When it comes to lead there really isn't to big of bullet as long as it will chamber with plated or jacketed if you go to big it will copper foul pretty quick or that least this has been my experience.

agreed. with coated lead I've used up to .357 in barrels that slugged .3555. but for CMJs I stick to .356 in those barrels.

but guys, like thompson said the way to pick your projie diameter is to slug the barrel and find out. a really tight target barrel could be as small as .354 (nominal size for a 9mm). and a looser duty type gun could be as large as .356.

yes most CZ 9mm barrels tend to slug .3555 and like a 356 CMJ or JHP but it still pays to check your own. it's not a procedure to be afraid of. nothing worrse than seeing a guy with a large duty barrel shooting .355 projies and getting heaps of flyers and tumbling etc. when with 356 projies he'd be shooting much better.

it also pays to measure the projies you receive. just cause they say .355 for whatever doesn't mean they are all sized that way. some are spot on but some manufacturers have their bad days and have under or over sized projies.