Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Missouri 3-Gun Championship

Thanks. Nate and Tim (both juniors) whipped up this weekend and laid down some great performances.

HUGE thank you to Team BENELLI for the loaner TTI M2 to finish the last two stages after my M2 had a tragic plastic barrel related injury. There's voodoo in that gun and I considered telling Dianna that I lost it somewhere after packing it away in the truck!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys did a great job. The common impact area for all stages was a bit of a distraction at first (when walking stages and resetting targets), but I never witnessed any issues for the shooter on the clock related to this. The stages were much more involved than I first anticipated and required skill instead of just speed to shoot well. I liked the mix of stages. The long range target presentation was excellent- I never saw target visibility change much even with the change in sun position. And the strobes worked!

There was constantly a range guy running around emptying trash barrels, bringing ROs supplies, etc. I think you guys did a great job with logistics.

I just want to say thank you to all the shooters who came out and shot the first Missouri 3-Gun Championship. Congrats to all our division winners with Jerry Miculek taking high overall. I think the match was a huge success.

Big thanks to all our sponsors who made it all possible. Big thank you to AR15.com who not only sponsored the match but also stepped up on Thursday night to RO when 2 of our RO's backed out last minute. Also a huge thank you to all the competitors who offered to RO for us when word got out. It really shows the comradery that exists in this awesome sport. Our RO's handled everything well and the match ran smoothly because of it.

Please take the time to contact the sponsors and thank them for their support.

We plan on making it bigger and better every year and would like everyone's input on how we can do that. The match was not without a few minor hiccups but nothing that was not easily overcome.

Sponsors for the 2015 Missouri 3-Gun Championship.

Black Dawn Guns, AR15.com, Magpul, Nordic Components, Taccom, Brownells, Montana Gold, Tooth and Nail Armory, Sierra Bullets, Black Rain Ordnance, BOOMFab, Crucible Armament,Weber Tactical, Rainier Ballistics, CPWSA, Ergo Grip, Starline Brass, Tifosi Optics, CED, Shooters Connection, Timney Triggers, Battenfeld Technologies, M-Pro 7, Gun Goddess, Comp-Tac, Burris Optics, Redding Reloading, Talon Grips, Thunder Beast Arms, Midway USA, Lauer Weaponry

Edited by LoganbillJ

Had a blast. Squad 9 was a great group of guys. I appreciate Tooth and Nail and all the sponsors for making this match happen. Ran on time, weather was super, stages were a cool mix. Look forward to spring 2016!

The 600 yard target, not a big problem...still working on spelling my name correctly.

Great stages and great match staff made for a great weekend. Some of the stages turned out to be more of a challenge than I expected during the walk through, but all were a whole lot of fun to shoot. I would have registered and paid for next year's match if they were taking it right then.

On a side note, I lost a gold cross pendant during the awards ceremony. The monetary value is not much, but the sentimental value is. I've had it on my necklace for over 31 years since I inherited it from my mother. As my son helped look for it, he overheard someone in a group mentioned "gold cross, free money". He ran to get me but and pointed out a possible guy but couldn't positively tell. So I approached the group and asked but no one claimed to have found it. If someone finds or found it, I would greatly appreciate getting it back and would gladly give a reward for its return.

GREAT MATCH!! Lead Farm

Squad 3 was great had fun while making a mess out of your Match it was embarrassing for Me by the end of the Day Sunday but I would come shoot it again tomorrow if I could.

It was a tough weekend but a great experience, Thanks to everyone who helped Set Up, R O and tear down I know how much work it takes to make that happen and it was Appreciated.

Hope to see you soon for some club match redemption..

GREAT MATCH!! Lead Farm

Squad 3 was great had fun while making a mess out of your Match it was embarrassing for Me by the end of the Day Sunday but I would come shoot it again tomorrow if I could.

It was a tough weekend but a great experience, Thanks to everyone who helped Set Up, R O and tear down I know how much work it takes to make that happen and it was Appreciated.

Hope to see you soon for some club match redemption..

Due to many, many, many, requests, we are planning to be shooting 5 of these stages at our next monthly match, and the remaining 4, +1 new one at the following match, so you will get a second chance.

Edited by toothandnail

Big thank you to Tooth and Nail Armory for putting on the match and to all the sponsors that supported it!

It was my favorite match I think I've shot since I started shooting 3 gun. It had a lot of variety that tested all different kinds of skills and it went along smoothly from what I could see.

Squad 3 was a great group of people to shoot with, as always. Can't wait to get to the next couple monthly matches to get a second chance on a few of those stages.

I gotta say for the first time holding a match of this magnitude the Lead Farm gang did an amazing job. The stages were excellent and tested just about every aspect of shooting imaginable. The target presentation with the rifle steel was the best I've ever encountered at any match, loved the grey targets with the yellow backers. The couple issues we did encounter with downrange targets (damn heavy shooters :)) were dealt with swiftly and kept things running on-time. Big thanks to all the RO's that helped run the match, it was good to see some of the guys we were used to busting our chops at the once-was Midwest match come over to continue busting our chops :cheers:

Big shout out to the Loganbill's for taking this on and putting in all the time and effort required to organize and run a match this size. Y'all can surely expect me to be back in 2016.

Edited by Shooter115