Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sideways mounted c-more

Revofan

I am having an open gun built I agreed to a sideways mounted c-more the gun does have pop holes am I going to be buying a new c-more every year or is it no big deal can anyone share there experiences with sideway mount sight this will be my first sideway mounted open gun ????

I have an STI GM with a cameron 90 and if you don't mind cleaning it after every match you should be quite pleased with the sight picture and you have the added bonus of a prop.

Also if your battery goes dead you still have a semi sight (requires a little practice) kind of.

I've known a lot of people who used a C-more with a sideways mount and none of them have had any issue that they could directly correlate to the sideways mount. I once read that a C-more Engineer said he only recommended aluminum body C-mores because the polymer was always too weak for its intended application. I don't know how true it is, but polymer C-more's will break regardless of the type of mount used, it just takes times.

I haven't heard of anyone breaking an aluminum body C-more, but so few people use them in competitive handgun shooting because of the price and added weight.

The thing with the sideways mount is that you cannot easily get an effective blast shield there. so in a gun with barrel holes I'd suggest you want to get the cmore mounted as far back as possible to keep the lens away from the holes.

I run a tanfoglio gold custom eric which has 12 barrel holes (6 each side in a V shape) and my first 90 mount put the lens very close to the first holes. It would be filthy after about 50 rounds. having moved it back just a touch it now stays much cleaner.

cheely custom gunworks make a 'setback' 90 mount to fit STI/SVI's and it gets the unit positioned nicely. I'd suggest getting that mount.

I still clean mine after every stage.

after a stage I go to the safe table. give the gun a quick check to ensure all bolts are tight (racker, cmore mount, cmore screws, grip screws etc) and give the glass a quick clean with a microfibre cleaning cloth and a spray of ajax citrix spray (i put it in a tiny 5ml perfume sample bottle which is a enough for a 2 day match and fits neatly in bag or pocket).

this is what you should use in terms of the mount: http://www.ccgunworks.com/store/shop/horizontal-setback-c-more-mount/

I've known a lot of people who used a C-more with a sideways mount and none of them have had any issue that they could directly correlate to the sideways mount. I once read that a C-more Engineer said he only recommended aluminum body C-mores because the polymer was always too weak for its intended application. I don't know how true it is, but polymer C-more's will break regardless of the type of mount used, it just takes times.

I haven't heard of anyone breaking an aluminum body C-more, but so few people use them in competitive handgun shooting because of the price and added weight.

I've seen at least 5 Al cmores fail at the very front where the optic bends back. Appears the Al does not care to be put under the tension necessary to adjust the elevation and then be subjected to recoil forces. Not saying the polymers are better or that the Als are better. Just an observation. These failures were all on traditional mounts.

I have a STI Steel Master with a 90 deg. set-back mounted C-More. It puts the sight a bit lower than the standard STI mount and actually I get less blast. I do clean the glass after each match but I did that even with the standard mount. Haven't experienced any function issues, but I've only had the gun less than a year.

post-54627-0-35980300-1410060521_thumb.j

I have two open guns with popple holes. One is a Limcat with six holes, the other is an Akai with five holes. My C-Mores look like new. I wipe them off with a lens cloth between stages. When I clean the gun or relube between matches I use a lens cloth and a Q tip to get around the edges of the lens. I use AA mounts.

Edited by Jaxshooter