Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's in your pockets?

I've always wondered if other guys carry as much things in their pockets as I do. Let's see, in my regular pants I have five...

Starting from the rear-left I have my coin purse. Sometimes this includes the occasional office printouts folded to fit...and forgotten.

The front left is where I keep a hanky and my cellphone.

The front-right is where I keep a folder, car keys and house keys. Used to be, I use this for my real wallet.

The rear-right now houses my real wallet. This used to be a fake or hold-up wallet. But who am I kidding, my real wallet doesn't contain anything of value anyway so...:lol:

The fifth one, cleverly designed to hold coins isn't being used. I dunno maybe I don't like seeing people grabbing coins from theirs and look like they're actually scratching some itch or something.

And on the belt, I have a flashlight and a victorinox multi-tool. Yeah it not a pocket but they're still part of my daily accessories.

I always give my wife grief when she rummages through her hand bag looking for something. Hey, I carry stuff, too, but they're organized in my pockets.

:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Front left: Wallet with a enclosed vacuum

Front right: Car/house keys

Rear: Odds and ends like cell, papers, etc

Money pocket: FN Baby Browning - fits perfect

Belt: Leatherman Wave and FN HP/Para P16-40/.357Mag or whatever gun I feel like and the days requirements are....

BTW, how does mothballs taste like? :lol:

Like monkey balls, but smaller. :huh:

Front left: keys.

Front right: Emerson CQC-11, Chapstick, and, frequently, cell phone, though that depends on whether or not I have my backpack or shooting bag with me (which I do, quite often) at which point the cell phone goes on the bag's strap. I also sometimes have eyedrops in this pocket, though oftentimes I will either carry them in a jacket pocket, or if I have my backpack or shooting bag in my car or with me I don't carry 'em. This pocket sees the most action.

Rear right: wallet

Rear left: will now carry the Surefire E2E that arrived yesterday.

Whataheck ..

Left Front pocket Streamlight Scorpion and cellphone (unless I forgat the cellphone somewhere in my car, home, or office. I never forget the flashlight). Right front pocket has my key ring and my wallet depending on season (wallet sits in my jacket during the chilly seasons). The key ring includes the usual mess of keys plus my USB drive, and my one time password card for work. My DDR3 folder rides in its one pocket along my right thigh (I love the Cabelas 7 pocket hiker pants). I carry nothing in my rear pockets, but small front pockets (the change type) often have listerine strips or spare rounds to top of my 10 rounders during USPSA matches. My belt has my leatherman WAVE about 50% of the time, the rest of the time in end up in a pocket somewhere as well. I think that also depends on the weather and the number of garments I'm wearing

I note that lots of us have LARGE pockets.

Vlad

BTW, how does mothballs taste like?  :lol:

Like monkey balls, but smaller. :huh:

how do you know?

how do you know? :wacko::ph34r:

well, let's see what's in my pants.

right front: s&w 38 special with Ti, air lite.

right rear: wallet

left rear: emerson commander

left front: koltzli carbon fiber wimpff designed folding knife, bianchi speed strip with 6 jhp's, swiss army knife (tinkler model), attached to the swiss army knife is 2 photon mini lights(1 blue, 1 white) and a para ord sight adjustment tool, and chapstick.

i don't carry change. the cell phone is on the belt. keys clip to the belt.

that's it.

lynn

"...enclosed vacuum."
WTF......? :huh::huh:

Purse: full-size wallet, 6x8½" daybook, small screwdrivers, Sheriff's Office ID badge, blank post-it notes, kleenex, comb, keys, pen/pencil/paper, paper clips, safety pins, two little pewter "gun" pins (1911, Sig P239), key to inner sanctum of the computer recycling center, chapstick/lipstick, business cards, eyeglasses, one 3-blade pocket knife in sheath (when not on my belt), breath mints, aspirin, two checkbooks [two accts], toothpicks/Q-tips (never know when you'll have to clean a gun), the all-important duplicate set of car-keys, eye drops, extra lead for mechanical pencil, rubber bands.

And this is less than what I USED to carry.

Who needs pockets??!! :lol:

Ehhh... exactly what kind of trousers are you guy's wearing?

Not blue jeans I can tell from the contents of your pockets.. :D

I can't fit more than the car and house keys and the gun safe key in my front pockets, wallet rear left and the cell phone in a holster on the belt.

Knifes of any kind are prohibited in public areas so that leaves my Vicorinox pocket knife in the car, flash light's too (allowed but nothing I regulary carry).

Hey SigLady ... not fair listing the contents of your purse. I could start telling you about what I carry in my backpack ... The thing weights about 15lb before I add my 10lb laptop to it. It serves as my laptop bag AND urban survival pack containing my 2day "get me home" bug-out-bag type of gear with everything from food to GPS via spare knives and rain gear.

Vlad

Ehhh... exactly what kind of trousers are you guy's wearing?

Not blue jeans I can tell from the contents of your pockets.. :D

Cabela 7 pocket pants Because the front pockets fit 30 12gauge shells :)

I suspect a lot of us wear some for of BDU inspired pants, even if they look more presentable now.

Vlad

left front: key chain with house and car keys and USB flash drive, change purse.

Right front: cell phone.

left rear: wallet.

right rear: empty. Sometimes cell phone, if I'm going to put anything that might scratch the face of my cell phone in my right front pocket.

BTW, I'm left handed. How about y'all? I wonder how our left or right hand dominance affects our placement of stuff.

right hip~ Cash, coins, smokes, lighter, cheapo folder knife

left hip~ cell phone, key ring

right rear~ wallet

Left rear~ usually empty

the G27 rides behind the right hip, or on an ankle when on 2 wheels.

the console of the car is filled with Tylenol, No Doze, Surefire, D-Jammer, spare mag, and SP101 + Bianchi speed strip.

p.s. as of 2 weeks ago the smokes and lighter were replaced with gum

I'll have to do this from memory since I am in my jammies right now:

left back pocket:

two packs of tissues

one bandana/handkerchief

right back pocket:

wallet

Cold Steel Voyager, clip point, Large

left front:

primary car keys

bandana/handkerchief

cough drops

notepad, pen w/ some case, credit card

Cold Steel Voyager, clip point, Extra Large

right front:

backup car keys, house keys

bandana/handkerchief

loose change

CRKT Kit Carson M21 (the big version, plain edge)

left cargo pocket:

notepad, pen w/ various ID and membership cards

backup backup flashlight (Underwater Kinetics UKL2)

more cough drops

chapstick

dental floss

baffled ear plugs (2 sets)

disposable lighter

right cargo pocket:

Victorinox Explorer model SAK

first-aid kit

a length of 550 cord

Visine-A eye drops

Asthma inhaler

foam earplugs

Plus some other stuff I can't remember right now. I had my rosary in a cargo pocket too, but it's getting repaired.

Do I need to list what is on my belt?

Or in the pockets of my vest? I actually don't always wear my vest, but it's always in the truck in case I choose to do so.

Mobile phone usually goes in my shirt or vest pocket, sometimes in a pants pocket.

And on my belt (working my way from buckle, counterclockwise):

1911A1 in a Comp-Tac CTAC IWB holster worn crossdraw

primary flashlight (SureFire G2 Nitrolon) in a Blade-Tech holder with Tek-Lok

spare mag for 1911A1 (8rds) in Blade-Tech carrier with Tek-Lok

spare mag for Para-Ordnance (14rds) in Blade-Tech carrier with Tek-Lok

second spare mag for P-O (14rds) in horizontal Safariland pouch

empty space where I can't reach anyway

Leatherman SuperTool in Safariland horizontal pouch

Para-Ordnance P14.45 in Ky-Tac BraveHeart IWB holster

second flashlight (Streamlight Scorpion) in a horizontal Safariland pouch

And I have a new belt ... a very nice custom job from TheBeltMan.net. Two layers of leather (one extra thick and strong) with a steel band (a piece of a packing strap) for reinforcement. It's AWESOME and could be used as a weapon in a pinch and will probably defeat .25ACP!

Edited by rhino

rhino doesn't actually LIVE anywhere, you see... he just walks around wherever wearing a pair of 'fully-loaded' cargo pants and is prepared for ANY situation... obviously. And he takes lots of notes... obviously. :lol::lol:

Rosary out for repairs...! A likely story!! :P

Geez! My poor pockets feel highly under appreciated and empty.

Right Front - Truck Key on ring with Gerber micro

Left Front - little change, folded cash

Right Rear - Wallet (a very small on at that)

Left Rear - Empty.

Cell Phone, Pager, PDA all are worn on the belt. When not at work the Pager and PDA are replaced with the 1911 in an SOB holster.

Left front: Keys, chapstick, change (only until I can dump it - I hate carrying change!), SureFire E2 clipped on opening, sometimes my work ID, sometimes a Kel-Tec P32.

Right front: Folded money, Boker knife (auto). NOTHING else, lest it activates said Boker while still in my pocket and is dangerously close to me and mine (learned the hard way).

Left rear: Wallet.

Right rear: Usually empty unless I have a cold, then a handkerchief.

In addition, my belt hosts 2 mags on the left, and usually has my cell phone clipped on the right. Immediately behind that is an IWB with a 1911-pattern security blanket.

I'll have to do this from memory since I am in my jammies right now:

left back pocket:

two packs of tissues

one bandana/handkerchief

right back pocket:

wallet

Cold Steel Voyager, clip point, Large

left front:

primary car keys

bandana/handkerchief

cough drops

notepad, pen w/ some case, credit card

Cold Steel Voyager, clip point, Extra Large

right front:

backup car keys, house keys

bandana/handkerchief

loose change

CRKT Kit Carson M21 (the big version, plain edge)

left cargo pocket:

notepad, pen w/ various ID and membership cards

backup backup flashlight (Underwater Kinetics UKL2)

more cough drops

chapstick

dental floss

baffled ear plugs (2 sets)

disposable lighter

right cargo pocket:

Victorinox Explorer model SAK

first-aid kit

a length of 550 cord

Visine-A eye drops

Asthma inhaler

foam earplugs

Plus some other stuff I can't remember right now. I had my rosary in a cargo pocket too, but it's getting repaired.

Do I need to list what is on my belt?

Or in the pockets of my vest? I actually don't always wear my vest, but it's always in the truck in case I choose to do so.

Mobile phone usually goes in my shirt or vest pocket, sometimes in a pants pocket.

In reality folks, when not wearing his pants :o rhino is a rather meek man of 140 lbs. and a 28" waist. :lol:

Left front money clip, spyderco wegner folder

Right front coins truck keys/house key

Right rear wallet

Left rear nothing

Jacket cellphone, Surefire flashlight, gum for bad breath in case I want a PDOA from my wife

Wilson CQB and 2 extra mags ridin on the hips B)

I don't carry almost anything anywhere.

When I go out (wehther out with friends or to make an errand or whatever) I have a little money and change in my front right pocket of the pants/trousers/jeans, and the key to my house.

My DNI (Argentinian national ID card) is often there too.

When using a shirt (I only use jean shirts) I distribute this items in their pockets.

I simply don't understand how people can walk around comfrtably with so much stuff on them.