Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What gun for production? (semi-auto)

mizer67

+1 for CZ. I ran a Glock, XDM, M&P and have now jumped on a CZ. By far the most superior (Tanfos maybe too?) for production as far as mechanical accu range, balance and fit. For me that is.

CZ's are the most superior for For NRA Action Pistol? I see more striker guns than DA/SA guns so far.

I see Mc Donalds more than any other restaurant, they're the most superior?

Or are they just the cheapest?

Edited by Haraise

• 4 months later...

I had to have Bruce Gray work on my SIG All Around as the factory SA trigger was under 3.5. He and Roy were shooting the AA that year too so their work wasn't just to my benefit. Gun shoots way better than I can.

Craig

Vance could shoot most brands of guns better than most of us could shoot our best gun, so what he uses is not relevant as he would probably swap out to something else given enough dough. And for clarity can't say I would not either, but there is a skill issue right now.

I have a Glock that will group under an inch at 25Y with Zero 125gr HP, but the best I can do with it is 3" at 50Y.

The trick is if you are starting from scratch and have a leaning towards an auto, then I would push you towards a CZ, Accu Shadow or whatever. Just make sure you can manage the transition from DA to SA and the gun is definitely over the 3.5lbs.

I believe that a good revolver is better than a good auto for production, but some do not like the revolver and that is the way it is. :ph34r:

I keep toying with the idea of returning to Bianchi with my Grand Power X-Calibur, but I would have to work on getting the SA trigger up to that weight. I may play to see if I can leave the geometry alone and just double up on the trigger return springs. With 130gr .356 jacketed ammo, the 50 yard shots should be a breeze. (well as easy as possible for my old eyes)

They changed the rules (thankfully). Now if you shoot a revolver you can only shoot it DA and that has to be over 3.5 lb. pull. My best one is 5 lb. The single action pull is now irrelevant so don't go messing with a perfectly good gun.

• 3 weeks later...

If it says "Performance Center" on, nope, it won't be suitable for Production. That's considered a "custom shop" by NRA. Rule 3.2.1, second section under prohibited, sub-section (a).

Alan~^~

• 4 months later...

So what do we think of the Tanfoglio Stock II/III? Factory adjustable sights, nice heavy full dust covered gun/ with longer sight radius than CZ?

Can I shoot the same gun in Production Division & then use the same gun at the same match in Metallic Division? Of do I need to have 2 seperate guns, possibly identical?

Any Production gun meets the requirements for Metallic, but not vice-versa, so yes, you can shoot the same gun in both categories. Holsters can be different too. In Metallic, anything goes for holsters, just like the Open guns use. Not so for Production.

Edited by Alan550

Any Production gun meets the requirements for Metallic, but not vice-versa, so yes, you can shoot the same gun in both categories. Holsters can be different too. In Metallic, anything goes for holsters, just like the Open guns use. Not so for Production.

Excellent mate. So I can buy a competitive PD gun & shoot it at the same match in both PD & MD. Just comply with holster requirements.

Previously, was led to belive I needed 2 seperate guns, despite being both PD legal.

So what do we think of the Tanfoglio Stock II/III? Factory adjustable sights, nice heavy full dust covered gun/ with longer sight radius than CZ?

Can I shoot the same gun in Production Division & then use the same gun at the same match in Metallic Division? Of do I need to have 2 seperate guns, possibly identical?

crappy trigger as compared to a CZ SP01 Shadow ....