Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning magwells coming back soon

Nealio

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got mine. It has the same tabs protruding into the magwell. Mags will not go in.

Henning did send me an email yesterday, Stating to call him as he shipped the wrong magwell. Called him up, said he had a brain fart and forgot to machine the nubs. Said to just send it back and he would get a new one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Where is the shine? I'm going a different direction.

I can just create what I really want with what I have:

goldmatchjpg.jpg

I guess the mag release, slide stop, safety and hammer I can get from EAA? Send my frame for hard-chrome and where do you get those base pads?

That could be a colour thing on a digital photo. I just checked the Tanfo magwell on my LC and it has a matte finish and is anodized. I mat wait a while and order one of these but may also buy a Tanfoglio unit in black for my small frame Ltd Pro.

Despite trying several searches, I haven't found a source for the Tanfo models. Where can these be sourced? Can anyone help me with a link?

Recieved mine yesterday. It looks exactly like Intercooler2's. I plan to strip it and brush it with a red 3M Scotchbrite pad, and then apply a couple of coats of Sharkhide to it to maintain the finish. This is what I did to the factory Tanfoglio magwell that I installed on my Limited Pro after machining the sides of it down so that the gun would fit in the IDPA box.

Edited by BrazeauRacing

Any advantage to that hammer? I contacted APW and they weren't real sure in looking at that picture if it's brushed or matte. Anyone have a better picture or can guess? I think the mag release is the stock piece except coated? What ambi safety is that? I will need to order that also and have it coated and does it require fitting? APW charges a fee to tear it down and put it back together and will install non-fitted parts without a charge. If they have to fit the hammer and safety that adds to the cost.

It appears those parts are the same as those which come on the Limited.

The heart shaped hammer has shorter hooks than the factory hammer on the Hunter.

Does that mean fitting? What does the shorter hooks do? I never measured, but isn't the Hunter frame longer than the Limited?